+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes a-commin' to the Techie

I'm Nathan.

Default Changes a-commin' to the Techie

I just got my shipment from KAB. A tonearm damper and a Poly-Metal mat. I also have some wax for the spindle bearing well. For once I'm going to do one mod at a time so I can gauge the effectiveness of each. This will all have to wait however until my new tweeters arrive for my Maggie MG-2.5R's. The silver lining to this is that I can re-acquaint my ears to some music I'll use in evaluating the upgrades
    Results will get posted here
    We the willing, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
    We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
    I just got my shipment from KAB. A tonearm damper and a Poly-Metal mat. I also have some wax for the spindle bearing well. For once I'm going to do one mod at a time so I can gauge the effectiveness of each. This will all have to wait however until my new tweeters arrive for my Maggie MG-2.5R's. The silver lining to this is that I can re-acquaint my ears to some music I'll use in evaluating the upgrades
    Results will get posted here
    Hi Rickey, I am interested in ordering the damper from kab and possibly tonearm rewire kit, did you have to pay any import duties?

Thanks

Lee
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by eldarvanyar View Post
    Hi Rickey, I am interested in ordering the damper from kab and possibly tonearm rewire kit, did you have to pay any import duties?

Thanks

Lee
    I see Rickey is in the US so he is not importing. I've just ordered the damper - I'm in the UK so 20% VAT will be payable when it gets here, along with a handling fee.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagaryn View Post
    I see Rickey is in the US so he is not importing. I've just ordered the damper - I'm in the UK so 20% VAT will be payable when it gets here, along with a handling fee.
    Ok thanks,

do you have a rough idea what the total may come to in sterling with the shipping, VAT and handlingfee?

Thanks

Lee
    It’s about the music

I'm Mike.

Import fees will be the total cost of item, then add 5% import tax, then add the postage, then add 20% to that total then add a collection fee which could be anything from £8 -£20

So it soon mounts up

I'm Nathan.

Just got a Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III cart. I'll mount that first.
    We the willing, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
    We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I'm Gary.

Ok thanks,

do you have a rough idea what the total may come to in sterling with the shipping, VAT and handlingfee?

Thanks

Lee
    Shipping is $15. Then 2% duty and 20% vat. Reckon it will be £150 - £160 landed, dependant on what the handling fee is.

I'm Lee.

Shipping is $15. Then 2% duty and 20% vat. Reckon it will be £150 - £160 landed, dependant on what the handling fee is.
    Thanks, that’s really helpful
    It’s about the music

I'm Gary.

Thanks, that’s really helpful
    Mine should arrive this week, I'll be better placed then to say whether it is worth it! :-)

I'm Lee.

Mine should arrive this week, I'll be better placed then to say whether it is worth it! :-)
    Oh, I really look forward to hearing your experience and verdict as to whether it's worth it.
    It’s about the music

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast