+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UPGRADED SYSTEMDEK IIX 900 with AO RB250

I'm Adrian.

Default UPGRADED SYSTEMDEK IIX 900 with AO RB250

Here's another item I've been reluctant to let go, but this is my second deck now since it was super-ceded by a WT Classic last year so doesn't get used as much.

It's in nice condition and the lid is fairly scratch free. But I think the motor position needs a bit of adjustment to play 45s as on the rare occasion I try the belt will slip off.

I bought it as a standard deck and replaced the baseboard with a thicker black acrylic one, the glass platter with an acrylic (from another Systemdek) and the original RB250 with an upgraded AO version which has much better internal and external wiring (the external has a straight DIN connector).

The arm counter balance has also been upgraded to a Michell as has the nut securing the arm base to the arm board. I was experimenting with armboards so it has an acrylic one on at present which matches the platter nicely. The feet have also been replaced with Stillpoints (I think)

I also built a Geddon clone with a hefty 600va transfomer so it now has an additional external power supply.

I have the kept all of the original parts (metal arm board, base board, feet, power supply circuit components)

The Goldring cartridge is also included but the stylus has since been broken and needs replacing. (They are readily available according to budget).

I'd be reluctant to trust this to a courier, as I don't have the original packaging, but could meet up or deliver locally.

I might be willing to split if I could find a taker for the deck on it's on first (the arm is easier to sell on).

£500
    Last edited by adespade; 25-01-2018 at 23:32.

I'm Mark.

Hi, What would you want for the deck on its own? I'm sure there would be takers.

I'm phil.

Hi can we see a pic of the power supply
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Adrian.

Hi Mark,
    I think it would be about a 50/50 split between the arm and deck. The deck would be about £250 with the upgrades, and the same for the arm with Michell upgrade, or I do have the original counterweight, so I could sell the arm with that instead for about £200.

I'm Adrian.

Reduced to £450 for the package. I also have a spare motor for this.

Phil, there's not much to see in the PSU - a transformer, resistor and capacitor in a black box basically but I'll see what I can do if you're really interested.

I'm Adrian.

Here's a photo of the external PSU (I'd forgotten how heavy the transformer was)

and some other bits that are included ...

Last edited by adespade; 04-02-2018 at 23:18.

I'm Adrian.

Withdrawn from sale

+ Reply to Thread