+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCOTT NANGLE AUDIO LTD - now dissolved

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Indeed... The question that has to be asked is: is it currently safe to place an order, in terms of the likelihood of the item(s) ordered being delivered?

I like Scott, as a person, but given his track record on unfulfilled orders before this happened (due simply to being grossly disorganised), one would have to conclude that the dissolution situation now is unlikely to have improved matters.

I may try contacting him and seeing what he has to say.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    So if you place an order on his website, who are you placing the order with, and is there any obligation for it to be fulfilled?
    Yes. The limited company being dissolved is irrelevant to that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just had a reply from Scott, as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Nangle
    Hi Marco

just off the phone with a customer & he just mentioned this post in the last week minutes
    can,t view the AOS website on my browser

Recent problems with my accountant poor health & will be recitified with new accountant
    all is well ! & Still in business
    happy 2018

rgds
    scott
    Seems all is well.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Kevin.

Interesting indeed.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes. The limited company being dissolved is irrelevant to that.
    I am no expert in these matter, but I am wary of the situation based on a little research after Macca said it makes no difference.

10.3 Assets of a dissolved company
    From the date of dissolution, any assets of a dissolved company will be ‘bona vacantia’. Bona vacantia means ‘vacant goods’ and is the technical name for property that passes to the Crown because it does not have a legal owner. The company’s bank account will be frozen and any credit balance in the account will be passed to the Crown.
    from https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nd-restoration

What do you mean by compulsory dissolution?
    Compulsory Dissolution Definition: A firm is compulsory dissolved: by the adjudication as insolvent of all the partners or of all the partners but one, or. by the happening of any event which makes it unlawful for the business of the firm to be carried on or for the partners to carry it on in partnership.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I am no expert in these matter, but I am wary of the situation based on a little research after Macca said it makes no difference.

from https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nd-restoration
    I do this sort of thing for a living. If you placed an order after the date of dissolution then you did not place it with the dissolved company. Consequently whoever you did place the order with is bound by contract regardless of whether it is a limited company, non limited company or just some bloke.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12