+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr Feickert Turntables

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Lee.

Default Dr Feickert Turntables

Hi gang

Anyone using a Dr Feickert TT at all, Ive been looking at the Blackbird model recently and was wondering if anyone on here has had one or still has a Dr F turntable, would be interested to hear what you had to say about them.

Lee
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Adam.

I've reviewed a couple of them and been very impressed by both - Dr. F knows his stuff!

Unfortunately, I'm not sure they have official UK distribution at the moment.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I've reviewed a couple of them and been very impressed by both - Dr. F knows his stuff!

Unfortunately, I'm not sure they have official UK distribution at the moment.
    Hi Adam

Thanks for the response, I spoke to Dr F and your right mate no U.K. outlet at the moment, which makes it difficult for me to make any decision especially at the asking price of £5k

Lee
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Mel.

If you fancy one

https://2ndhandhifi.co.uk/product/fe...heavy-platter/

Good company and also trades new as Turntable World

Mel

I'm Lee.

Hi Mel

Yes I saw that one from what I can gather 5hey no longer make that one but it did catch my eye. I’ll drop Chris an email at Feickert and ask him about that particular TT, although I did quite fancy the Blackbird TT

Very best

Lee

I'm Adam.

Funnily enough, the Twin was one of the ones I reviewed, and it's a very good deck. The only complaint I had with it was that the Jelco-based arm it was supplied with for review was good but it deserved better!

As an aside, you can buy with confidence from 2ndhandhifi. Simon Griffin's a top fella.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Funnily enough, the Twin was one of the ones I reviewed, and it's a very good deck. The only complaint I had with it was that the Jelco-based arm it was supplied with for review was good but it deserved better!

As an aside, you can buy with confidence from 2ndhandhifi. Simon Griffin's a top fella.
    Simon is indeed trustworthy and I have had dealings with him for many years.

Just this week (last Saturday) I had some kit to sell and fancied a new item. Via email a deal was quickly agreed and then I had to work out how to send a nice valve amp 300 miles north. No problem Simon asked if I’d be in on Thursday (am) as he would deliver and collect. Today (Thursday) I am less the valve amp but have another more modern toy thanks to his excellent service. I also sold a it more kit when he arrived. He was then heading off to Bristol I think - a good and fair dealer in my experience.

Mel

I'm Lee.

Ive now decided that the Feickert TT is no longer for me, I have been approached by a dealer in the UK who has sold his demo model and wont be getting any more demo models until the Munich hiend show has been completed. I am now looking at alternate options and have my eye on a possible project involving a Lenco GL75, I quite like the idea of doing the PTP plate option and to date have not had an idler turntable on the rack

Cheers guys

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    Ive now decided that the Feickert TT is no longer for me, I have been approached by a dealer in the UK who has sold his demo model and wont be getting any more demo models until the Munich hiend show has been completed. I am now looking at alternate options and have my eye on a possible project involving a Lenco GL75, I quite like the idea of doing the PTP plate option and to date have not had an idler turntable on the rack

Cheers guys
    One of my customers bought a new PTP Lenco, with Corian plinth and Thomas Schick tonearm, direct from PTP in Holland, and I set it up for him. Rarely have I heard something sound so 'right' straight out of the box. A new PTP is not a cheap thing, but actually in the greater scheme of things analogue, I reckon it's rather good value.

I'm Lee.

I’ve only heard good things about the PTP Lenco, still ain’t heard one yet. I’m more than tempted to have ago at doing my own rather than importing a complete unit from Holland

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast