+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roon. What do think?

I'm Grant.

It's why jriver couldn't get a link in either as they are a profit making entity
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55 SAS/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Why is it then that Spotify has played ball with the open source community that writes what is currently termed LMS?
    The recent(ish) service provision changes Spotify made were already well in hand when the changes took effect.

As far as the front end bit goes, the Spotty app on LMS looks nothing like the web based browser control that most users utilise.

I suspect that Spotify play ball with the Squeezebox community precisely because it's an open source community.
    There's no vested interest, other than permitting Spotify subscribers a wider range of access means.
    With Roon there's financial interest, and that may negatively impact current Spotify royalty agreements.
    I much prefer the LMS/Spotty interface to the native Spotify one, it's much more album centric than the native app, and being able to add albums to the end of playlist is much more in keeping with the overall LMS approach.

It pays to keep things open source Chris...
    Cheers, Will

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Can now do Spotify connect and Tidal MQA through MConnect app with the new Dac.
    Sounds pretty tremendous, and great to have so much music to stream.
    Whether your glass is half empty or half full Ė I hope that half is beer

I'm Grant.

thats a bonus. spotify is pretty decent for loosy files.. imo theirs is best ive heard although not perfect
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55 SAS/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Peter.

MQA files are the bees knees. (or the best yet) and more to come.... for sure. Looking forward to getting the Mytek Brooklyn DAC... built in MQA Chip. (a couple of weeks yet... Iíll report back)....

Lifetime subscription to Roon.

Sorry from a Vinyl Junky...Iím sure it will only get better.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Richard.

I have to say, I was blown away with MQA when I first heard it, but I'm becoming increasingly cynical towards it.

I've heard a couple of albums on Tidal Masters now which have not been well mastered - There was one album (I think it was Getz/Gilberto) that had it's left and right channels reversed from any version I've ever heard of it before and there's a Beck album where you can clearly hear popping/clipping in a number of tracks, which begs the question, who exactly is doing the 'Authentication' bit here?

I've also noticed that there's a certain character to the MQA stuff. It's almost like everything has been remastered to sound like it came out of the same studio. I guess with the rate that they're pushing out MQA albums now, there's probably some sort of Pro-Tools plugin that can do the whole job in minutes and everything comes out sounding the same!
    Rich

I'm Peter.

Sitting here listening to Roon.... after you fav album ends... and then Roon finds all this stuff, that you ainít never heard.... but wish you had !!!!!

This really is the dogs!!!. How does it do it I ask!!

Itís a real delight.....!!! Not Vinyl ,but who cares when music is this good!.,!

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123