+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: EAR 802 Valve preamp

I'm Peter.

Default Wanted: EAR 802 Valve preamp

I am looking for a nice EAR 802 valve pre-amp. It must be fully functional. Light marks from its years of service is fine with me. Spare valves would be great.

You must be ready to ship it to Denmark at cost.

I can pay with PayPal (gift/family) or bank transfer.

Let me know what you have.
    -------------
    If you are interested, I have a set of EAR 509 mk1s in the house that I am willing to let go. They are around serial numbers 500, so not exactly new but fully functional. I have both original boxes and a brand new outer shipping box. As part of a deal, they could be shipped directly to EAR for a look-through for 85£ + 135£ labout costs. These are quotes I have from EAR.

I'm Peter.

Default Esoteric Audio Research "the Preamp" also included in WANTED

Esoteric Audio Research "the Preamp" also very much on my wanted list now that I have seen a "topless" shot of its innards. Yummy.

I'm Peter.

I have had two responses on a German site, but none of them answered back when I asked for photos of the actual 802. Hmmm.

So I am still looking for either the 802 or the even more elusive "The Preamp".

I'm Peter.

I finally received some photos from one seller in the UK through the German website - he gave me an address in Woverhampton but wanted the money to be sent to a German bank account. Of course the 3 photos he sent me had been lifted from an old sales ad in Japan that I had already seen: http://www.hifido.co.jp/KW/G0103/E/0...3803-83944-00/

Oh those scammers, how come they don't feel ashamed?

So I am still looking for an Esoteric Audio Research 802 preamp (MM-stage onboard) or an even older preamp, the Esoteric Audio Research "the Preamp" (MC-stage onboard). If there is a problem with it, I am still interested if we can agree for you to send it to EAR for service. I am sure we can agree on a fair sale price in any event.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewind View Post
    I finally received some photos from one seller in the UK through the German website - he gave me an address in Woverhampton but wanted the money to be sent to a German bank account. Of course the 3 photos he sent me had been lifted from an old sales ad in Japan that I had already seen: http://www.hifido.co.jp/KW/G0103/E/0...3803-83944-00/

Oh those scammers, how come they don't feel ashamed?

So I am still looking for an Esoteric Audio Research 802 preamp (MM-stage onboard) or an even older preamp, the Esoteric Audio Research "the Preamp" (MC-stage onboard). If there is a problem with it, I am still interested if we can agree for you to send it to EAR for service. I am sure we can agree on a fair sale price in any event.
    It does look quite like the 868 internally. Do you know how similar they are?

I'm Peter.

No. But I would expect a similar sound despite the differences in valves. When I get my hands on one, I willl report back.

I'm Peter.

I have located an EAR 802 in Germany. I don't know if I can pry it out of the owner's hands at the right price. Found it by chance and may have to buy a power amp with it. As if I didn't have enough power amps on my hand with an EAR 869 and EAR 509s.

Fulfilled, pending delivery of the EAR 802 mk. iii.
    Last edited by Rosewind; 25-01-2018 at 22:03.

+ Reply to Thread