+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSOT: Bobs Devices SUT

montesquieu Guest

Default FSOT: Bobs Devices SUT

This was on hold, but has come available ...

Bobs Devices SUT - the exact version reviewed here.

Review says most of what you need to know. The high gain setting is perfect for Denon 103 and many other low output cartridges around 0.2-0.3mV. Low gain is ideal for cartridges with slightly higher output, from 0.4mV upwards I would say.

I got it silly cheap from Jake who was having a sell-off recently, but I don't really need it. .

It's worth more but I'll sell it for what I got it for which was £200, plus £10 for RMSD. Would swap for a valve phono stage, this would be my preference over a cash offer so I may leave it open a little while to see if a swap appears.

lordmortlock Guest

Yep, could have defo sold this for more given the prices of Bobs devices kit these days, as could Tom now. It’s a superb SUT, and sounded brilliant with everything from a 103 right up to an Io. Nothing to touch it at this level

I'm Tony.

I'll have it if you dont find a good swap?
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Andrew.

I have pm'd regarding Bob, and a potential invitation for Bob to travel to South London, but your inbox is full Tom.

I'm James.

Great SUT, used by a lot of us VPI owners. Think he uses cinemag trannies. Nicely built and sounds great.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

montesquieu Guest

sorry guys, mailbox cleared

Bigman80 Guest

Just to say, I had this on loan and it was fantastic. I enquired about buying it but somehow Tom and I managed to not let each other know that A) I could buy it and B) I would buy it

This miscommunication meant Tom kept it on hold for me and me not knowing it was for sale.

*Slaps forehead in disbelief*

SO, buy this quickly. It's top draw and it changed my mind about SUTs. Transparent and fluid. If I had known it was available to me, I'd have bought it.

Sorry about the mix up Tom.

montesquieu Guest

Sold ....

Bigman80 Guest

lordmortlock Guest

Hi Hifi friends

So ... I don’t suppose this is sitting unused on someone’s shelf by any chance? I’d like to hear a technics epc310mc I have here with a decent SUT in comparison with the built in head amp in the SL10. This would be just the ticket.

Cheers!
    Last edited by lordmortlock; 12-12-2018 at 22:19.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast