+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Top CD player wanted

I'm Mike.

My other thought is that the seller is doing himself no favours as far as future sales are concerned as I'm sure we are all fully aware of who he is and will be avoiding any future sales like the plague.

It might even be the case that something happened in transit, I had that with a Bluesound Node 2 streamer that arrived faulty, took me a lot of testing to try and diagnose the problem, I never did find the cause at my end but the seller took it back and sent it to Bluesound who had to replace the main board and it cured the issue right away. He then sold it elsewhere as I didn't trust it arriving back here safely again.

But that was the benefit of a genuine seller who was prepared to help out a genuine buyer with an item that was perfect when sold but was damaged internally in transit. It might be a similar case with the Opus.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Do PayPal still take phone calls? If so could try that.
    +1 it's time to escalate this with eBay and or PayPal
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

montesquieu Guest

Do PayPal still take phone calls? If so could try that.
    definitely worth a shot

My other thought is that the seller is doing himself no favours as far as future sales are concerned
    Indeed this guy has outed himself as someone to be avoided. May be worth a PM to Tony at PFM.

I'm Tony.

I'm presuming the OP paid by CC via Paypal if so I'd be raising an action with my CC company.

I'm Richard.

Sounds like the seller has reacted very badly. Its quite possible that the unit was ok on dispatch and it's a problem arising from transportation. However I think most sellers would be mortified to hear that their unit wasn't functioning properly on arrival and would take the goods back - especially when dealing on enthusiast's forum. If as a seller you don't want that risk then sell for collection only.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    I'm presuming the OP paid by CC via Paypal if so I'd be raising an action with my CC company.
    Section 75 does not cover third party card purchases; Paypal is the third party. Paypal is the only avenue for a refund, i.m.o.

On another note, if the CDP was properly packed and shipped in the substantial wooden crate shown in the ad., I'd be amazed that transit would cause internal problems yet not external ones.

I'm colum.

It also highlights the need for insurance for Expensive transactions, I feel your pain, I had a similar issue with one purchase getting damaged but the seller was a trusted member here and we went out of our way to sort it out to each others satisfaction, you only get one reputation in this world.

I'm Adrian.

Default Top CD player wanted

What annoys me about this is that rather than just jump to the conclusion that the CDP was at fault I tried everything in my system and drove myself crazy in the process to the point I wasn't sure what I was hearing until I put it in another system and got the same result. I chose to blame my own lovely sounding system rather than what the seller had sold me. I even checked how easy it would be for me to get it fixed rather than return it. I also spoke about it here and it is that trial and error process of elimination that is being used against me wth PayPal, selective screenshots from here etc.

The PayPal system is stupid as there is no way to rebut his argument. I simply stated that it didn't function and described having tried it in my system and another. He wrote a long personal attack on my intelligence and trustworthiness - with no way to counter it.

Wth hindsight I shouldn't have opened the PayPal claim but left it with eBay - he was openly happy that I'd gone with PayPal. That action automatically closes the eBay claim.

It isn't the money - i can lose it and it's just less play money this month. I'm not the Loser in this - as I sat listening to my vinyl rig last night I realised that.
    Last edited by struth; 07-02-2018 at 10:17.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Neil.

post deleted - apologies
    Last edited by Volante; 07-02-2018 at 11:08.
    Neil.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    What annoys me about this is that rather than just jump to the conclusion that the CDP was at fault I tried everything in my system and drove myself crazy in the process to the point I wasn't sure what I was hearing until I put it in another system and got the same result. I chose to blame my own lovely sounding system rather than what the seller had sold me. I even checked how easy it would be for me to get it fixed rather than return it. I also spoke about it here and it is that trial and error process of elimination that is being used against me wth PayPal, selective screenshots from here etc.

The PayPal system is stupid as there is no way to rebut his argument. I simply stated that it didn't function and described having tried it in my system and another. He wrote a long personal attack on my intelligence and trustworthiness - with no way to counter it.

Wth hindsight I shouldn't have opened the PayPal claim but left it with eBay - he was openly happy that I'd gone with PayPal. That action automatically closes the eBay claim.

It isn't the money - i can lose it and it's just less play money this month. I'm not the Loser in this - as I sat listening to my vinyl rig last night I realised that.
    That's exactly what I was like when the Bluesound Node 2 arrived here, spent ages trying to determine what, or where the fault was, drove me nuts and it turned out to be the main board that has been damaged in transit, even though there were no sign of any damage on packaging, luckily it was under warranty and Bluesound repaired it free of charge. Seller in that case was superb in helping me return it and facilitating the repair.

Can't believe the seller in this instance thinks that you broke it. He's on a loser as PayPal will find in your favour and all future potential sales are tainted, not because of the fault ( that can happen to any device ), but because of his refusal to deal with the issue in the proper manner

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast