+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Top CD player wanted

I'm mike.

shit situation for both parties, you have both lost out, but i agree that the seller should not have blamed you, and its unfair to assume you broke it by simply putting it to it's intended use,
    you can call paypal direct to put your side across, but i dont think that would change anything. you bought an item that is not fit for purpose so i cant see any reason why you wouldnt get a refund. no doubt the seller is concerned that he's going to lose out too, which could be why he's being so defensive. and without visible damage the courier insurance will probably be void, i found that out the hard way.
    logical conclusion is that both parties are fully re-imbursed.
    but then im a sucker for a happy ending.
    all the best
    Mike.

hope this is case the buddy
    Last edited by 09mike69; 07-02-2018 at 12:30. Reason: gramma

I'm Adrian.

PayPal have required me to send the unit to a repair service and get it in writing that it is damaged from a third party. So, I have to go to the expense. However, that will end the case as he will lose. So will get that sorted today.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    That's exactly what I was like when the Bluesound Node 2 arrived here, spent ages trying to determine what, or where the fault was, drove me nuts and it turned out to be the main board that has been damaged in transit, even though there were no sign of any damage on packaging, luckily it was under warranty and Bluesound repaired it free of charge. Seller in that case was superb in helping me return it and facilitating the repair.

Can't believe the seller in this instance thinks that you broke it. He's on a loser as PayPal will find in your favour and all future potential sales are tainted, not because of the fault ( that can happen to any device ), but because of his refusal to deal with the issue in the proper manner
    As I stated above there's only going to one outcome here, Paypal aren't interested in sellers and what they have to say and neither is Ebay so Paypal will reimburse the OP even if they can't get the dosh from the seller.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    PayPal have required me to send the unit to a repair service and get it in writing that it is damaged from a third party. So, I have to go to the expense. However, that will end the case as he will lose. So will get that sorted today.
    Best of luck OP, I'm sure all this will be sorted out soon and in your favour.

See this is where people lose it, once that unit is with a service centre not of the seller's choosing then he has left himself wide open which is exactly what he deserves IMO.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    its a bit of a bugger having to pay for someone to look at it and then will you have to pay for trackable postage back to the seller?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Mike.

I thought that Ebay (or Paypal) held onto sale monies for a length of time (3 weeks?) (and this happened to me a tear or so back), pending satisfactory receipt by the buyer. In this case, it's possible that the seller doesn't yet have their funds.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    its a bit of a bugger having to pay for someone to look at it and then will you have to pay for trackable postage back to the seller?
    Yup. €100 UPS to get it. Around €35 bench time. And around €40 cheap trackable back. And I'm they injured party.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Steve.

I'm sure Definitive will have a contact to repair it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he'd buy it off you as is. Kevin basically told me that if i ever see one for sale, BUY IT!! So I'm sure he has a contact who could address any issues.

I'm Mike.

I hope it all turns out well for you, I'm pretty sure it will.

If you like a detailed, clear sound with the air / space / tone that valves impart, the Doge 6 is one to consider. I've had mine, must be 4 or 5 years now and still VERY pleased with it.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Eamonn.

Default Top CDP

Look out for an Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, can be had for a reasonable SH price these days and it's worth it.
    I've got one and it's the most analogue sounding player I've ever heard... I demoed Esoteric, Krell, Wadia and Sugden before settling on the Electro.
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast