+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Top CD player wanted

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Did you pay by Paypal? If so they'll refund you your money and tell you to keep the CD player and the seller will have the dosh whipped out of his bank account or credit card.
    This is true. As the buyer you have all the rights as far as eBay/ Paypal are concerned. I feel a bit sorry for the seller as I'm sure he shipped it working but it has obviously had a knock or something in transit. But that is his problem, not yours.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

This is the same machine that was advertised on Pinkfishmedia last week?

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    This is true. As the buyer you have all the rights as far as eBay/ Paypal are concerned. I feel a bit sorry for the seller as I'm sure he shipped it working but it has obviously had a knock or something in transit. But that is his problem, not yours.
    I sold an Arcam CD23T a few years ago to a Dutch buyer and it turned out to be faulty in-so-far as one set of outputs didn't work (I never ever used them) but the buyer was brilliant and obtained a price to repair locally which was €60 which I sent him and that was that however I sold a SUT to a Polish buyer and he obviously didn't have a clue and said the SUT was faulty (it wasn't) however in that case I had to pay postage to him to get the SUT back here to the UK and refund him his money plus Ebay/Paypal paid him too so he received £185 from me plus £15 postage and £185 from ebay/paypal but I did receive the SUT back and then sold it to a wammer in Singapore for the same money.

I'm Adrian.

I sold an Arcam CD23T a few years ago to a Dutch buyer and it turned out to be faulty in-so-far as one set of outputs didn't work (I never ever used them) but the buyer was brilliant and obtained a price to repair locally which was €60 which I sent him and that was that however I sold a SUT to a Polish buyer and he obviously didn't have a clue and said the SUT was faulty (it wasn't) however in that case I had to pay postage to him to get the SUT back here to the UK and refund him his money plus Ebay/Paypal paid him too so he received £185 from me plus £15 postage and £185 from ebay/paypal but I did receive the SUT back and then sold it to a wammer in Singapore for the same money.
    I looked into having it repaired but the distributer said to return it to the seller as there was a possibility it could not be serviced. They also said that the mother board is irreparable if that's the problem. Otherwise I might have sent it to be serviced and fixed myself. I hate being in this position - he's unhappy and standing his ground - I'm unhappy and standing mine.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    I looked into having it repaired but the distributer said to return it to the seller as there was a possibility it could not be serviced. They also said that the mother board is irreparable if that's the problem. Otherwise I might have sent it to be serviced and fixed myself. I hate being in this position - he's unhappy and standing his ground - I'm unhappy and standing mine.
    He's no chance if you paid by Paypal.

I'm Adrian.

He's no chance if you paid by Paypal.
    He's very confident. I opened the eBay dispute a few days ago. I opened the PayPal claim today - he escalated it to a dispute.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    The Truth linestage
    Cary 805c SET amps

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    He's very confident. I opened the eBay dispute a few days ago. I opened the PayPal claim today - he escalated it to a dispute.
    I wouldn't be too concerned you are the buyer he hasn't a hope in hell of winning.

I'm sure the guy didn't sell you a pup and I'm sure something's happened between it leaving him and you receiving the CDP but he has zero chance of ebay/Paypal ruling in his favour so he may as well bite the bullet and take the thing back and refund you the fact that he appears to be digging his heels in must tell you something.

I mean you go to M&S and buy a jacket/shirt/whatever then decide you don't want it/like it/it's damaged so what do M&S do, do they piss you off and make you jump through a million hoops, do they accuse you of being a scumbag or do they refund you your money and then thank you for buying from them?

Shit happens but the customer is always right even when they are wrong and that really is the bottom line and this is coming from someone who has run a small business for 30 years and has had affair share of customers clowns during that time but no one wants disgruntled customers bad mouthing them.

Customer service is the most important part of running a business and businesses that don't accept or appreciate that don't last.

I'm Adrian.

I wouldn't be too concerned you are the buyer he hasn't a hope in hell of winning.

I'm sure the guy didn't sell you a pup and I'm sure something's happened between it leaving him and you receiving the CDP but he has zero chance of ebay/Paypal ruling in his favour so he may as well bite the bullet and take the thing back and refund you the fact that he appears to be digging his heels in must tell you something.

I mean you go to M&S and buy a jacket/shirt/whatever then decide you don't want it/like it/it's damaged so what do M&S do, do they piss you off and make you jump through a million hoops, do they accuse you of being a scumbag or do they refund you your money and then thank you for buying from them?

Shit happens but the customer is always right even when they are wrong and that really is the bottom line and this is coming from someone who has run a small business for 30 years and has had affair share of customers clowns during that time but no one wants disgruntled customers bad mouthing them.

Customer service is the most important part of running a business and businesses that don't accept or appreciate that don't last.
    As the owner of a small private school I understand perfectly and couldn't agree more.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    The Truth linestage
    Cary 805c SET amps

I'm Adrian.

It seems someone on here is the seller of the CDP or a friend but doesn't have the balls to say so publicly.

Looking at the PayPal claim the seller states he has screenshots of this thread and that I obviously don't know what I am doing and have no experience of hi Fi. Really? He states that evidence here shows that I have shorted something - nope. He puts forward that I have been unreasonable from day one - really?

Have some balls why don't you.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    The Truth linestage
    Cary 805c SET amps

I'm Mike.

He's on Pinkishmedia forum, the CD player was for sale there the same time as it was on eBay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast