+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspected Hernia - Nightmare!

I'm Anto.

You will probably need a small keyhole op Bev ! Not a biggy , just be careful lifting ANYTHING for a month or so after
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    You will probably need a small keyhole op Bev ! Not a biggy , just be careful lifting ANYTHING for a month or so after
    Thanks Anto that's what I was thinking

So no lifting any big speakers then
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Got a follow up appointment end of April when, I guess, they will tell me if I need an op or not..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Fingers crossed Bev...

Were you told what the likely cause is, or can this happen to anyone for no good reason?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

It can happen to anybody, but it can also be congenital and tend to run in families.

I'm Simon.

I had a. Right side Inguinal done two years ago. Never felt right afterwards. Had a pinch below the scar that moved upwards over the course of six months. Surgeon reckons I must have pulled the stitches and moved or folded one side of the mesh during recovery. Still get a twinge from it even now when climbing or cycling. Bit it's never bulged again so decided not to have it opened up.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

The strange thing is I don't have any bulge but apparently that can happen

My father had some sort of hernia so you might be right Geoff that it runs in families

I think mine is pretty small but I guess it could get bigger and give me more grief so maybe sorting it out now would be better
    Bev

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    I had a. Right side Inguinal done two years ago. Never felt right afterwards. Had a pinch below the scar that moved upwards over the course of six months. Surgeon reckons I must have pulled the stitches and moved or folded one side of the mesh during recovery. Still get a twinge from it even now when climbing or cycling. Bit it's never bulged again so decided not to have it opened up.
    very wise , that mesh can be very troublesome if you mess with it
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Mark.

I had my right side inguinal op a few years ago (as already mentioned). I get a bit of an light ache sometimes after cycling or walking a lot but otherwise OK. Before the op my activity was severely restricted as it was extremely uncomfortable. When I mentioned I had one I was surprised how many 'me toos' popped up, they are not uncommon among males.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12