+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Party - Aldous Harding

I'm James.

Default Party - Aldous Harding

My Christmas LP this year was Party by Aldous Harding. Not sure if many folk have heard her so I thought I would just mention this particular album as it is superb and shows her amazing talent for creative songwriting and artistic expression. Aldous is from New Zealand and I think comes from a folk background. She plays and writes her own material and creates an intimate world of her own.

If you want a sample of her work listen to "Imaging my Man" or the title track "Party". She was on Jools Holland singing "Horizon" recently and has done loads of small gigs throughout the world. Much of her work is obviously on Youtube, she has a very idiosyncratic style!.

The album is recorded in Bristol and the production is stunning on vinyl, her vocals in particular have amazing presence and are extremely elastic and flexible as she chooses different styles for each track.

I have certainly been captured by her talent and this record has hardly been off the turntable this month.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    My Christmas LP this year was Party by Aldous Harding. Not sure if many folk have heard her so I thought I would just mention this particular album as it is superb and shows her amazing talent for creative songwriting and artistic expression. Aldous is from New Zealand and I think comes from a folk background. She plays and writes her own material and creates an intimate world of her own.

If you want a sample of her work listen to "Imaging my Man" or the title track "Party". She was on Jools Holland singing "Horizon" recently and has done loads of small gigs throughout the world. Much of her work is obviously on Youtube, she has a very idiosyncratic style!.

The album is recorded in Bristol and the production is stunning on vinyl, her vocals in particular have amazing presence and are extremely elastic and flexible as she chooses different styles for each track.

I have certainly been captured by her talent and this record has hardly been off the turntable this month.
    Will have a listen. Thanks Jimbo!

+ Reply to Thread