+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAD Sufferer

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default SAD Sufferer

I have decided that I am a SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) sufferer..

When it gets to late October 'ish I feel like I am entering a dark tunnel and don't feel better until about April time

I have just got a SAD Light Box which I think is helping things a bit...

I have always considered myself as a bit of sun worshiper which might explain things..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Join the club. I get to the end of October, then feel as though I've been 'switched off'!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Join the club. I get to the end of October, then feel as though I've been 'switched off'!
    Absolutely Geoff, I know exactly what you mean.. maybe you should also try one of these SAD Light Boxes as well, I've found mine to definitely 'lift' my mood somewhat

I normally come alive again in April time 'ish...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Just draw the curtains when it starts to get dark, make a cup of tea and play some music.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Just draw the curtains when it starts to get dark, make a cup of tea and play some music.
    That sounds good Barry...the trouble is this time of year there just isn't enough sun hours for me so the SAD light box does help..
    Bev

Thanks to Martin (Hudz) for the info on vitamin D3 to alleviate the 'winter blues', much appreciated
    Bev

I'm Paul.

As winter comes in I start to feel a little nauseous, especially in the mornings and when exercising if I have a more intense session than usual. As the spring comes in this feeling goes away. Always had this but I don’t really know exactly what it is. My wife thinks it could be that I get the Winter Vomiting Bug, but it doesn’t effect me fully, but just enough that I can feel something if not 100% right.
    ~Paul~

I'm Brian.

Another one here who hates the short days and general lack of light . I've been using one of those lights for a while now Bev . Just don't drop it . The bulbs are very easily broken , and can be very expensive

The days start to get longer in mid February
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

my lad suffers quite badly from it. i got him a light and when he uses it , he instantly feels better for it. they aint silly cheap but if you suffer then get one
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

despite the darkness its seems not many people suffer from it here.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...t-rise/396746/
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast