+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SAD Sufferer

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    These bloody people who get up every morning full of the joys of spring
    Lol - they piss you off, don't they? I'm not a morning person at all. Takes me a good couple of hours (and some strong coffee) to properly wake up and fully focus (after 8-9 hours of deep, usually undisturbed sleep).

However, once done, I'm a cheery, even-tempered person, not prone to bad moods (most probably because I'm happy and contented within myself and love my life), and so that's the type of person I like having around me (I detest the opposite: moaning gits who never seem happy), and so fortunately my wife's the same, in terms of temperament

We're both very much 'glass half full', optimistic, cheery people - just not first thing in the morning!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Started on some vitamin D3 today. Maybe it'll do something, maybe not.

I'm Martin.

Can't do any harm and it isn't expensive.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Svend.

Hey Bev,

Just checking....how's it going? Made any changes since your last post? Feeling better? Hope you're on the up-n-up!

If you want a bit of reading on this, here's a good short article on mood-boosting foods to get you through the winter blahs:

http://www.cbc.ca/life/food/mood-boo...rums-1.4517035

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Svend

PS -- dark chocolate is a thumbs-up! That would cheer anyone up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456