I'm Robert.

Yeah, a big beaut'
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Modified Technics SL1210 MK5G
    Mike New precision bearing, bearing base plate, ETP Platter
    Micro Seiki MA-202 tonearm, rewired, hybrid ceramic bearings
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge
    Yannis Tome 423.5 Silver-Litz tonearm cable with KLEI Pure Silver Harmony plugs
    Ebony armboard
    Audio Technica MS-8 Magnesium headshell, Ortofon pure silver headshell leads
    Isonoe Isolation Feet
    Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules), DCSXL pure-silver DC lead with Jaegar low impedance connector
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable, Airlock plugs - bare wire amp end.
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Oliver.

Big is beautiful mate. Stunningly beautiful actually. Well done. Get it mounted!!!!
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm jamie.

cheers,thats saturdays job
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers ,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,Pioneer PA-5000,Alphason HR-100S-MCS,Zeta tonearms,Denon 103SA Cartridge's,Denon HA-500 Head Amp, John Wood KT88 Valve Amp,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    cheers,thats saturdays job
    Can't wait to see it mate. I love the Japanese stuff. That arm is right up my street. And the TT. beautiful stuff mate, you must be over the moon.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)

I'm jamie.

ive got an idea of what proper free play is on a tonearm now too,even with the new bearings the zeta doesn't float like this one does
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers ,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,Pioneer PA-5000,Alphason HR-100S-MCS,Zeta tonearms,Denon 103SA Cartridge's,Denon HA-500 Head Amp, John Wood KT88 Valve Amp,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Big is beautiful mate. Stunningly beautiful actually. Well done. Get it mounted!!!!
    Thanks Olli, I don't get many compliments these days
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Thanks Olli, I don't get many compliments these days
    Ha, well neither do I to be fair

I'm Alan.

Jamie thats a lovely tonearm and I think it will suit the 590 better than the Zeta, as good as the Zeta is aesthetically I don't think it look's quite right
    The S shaped silver tone arms match the turntable very nicely IMO
    I'm using an SME 3009 mk2 on mine and it looks great but not the last word in tone arms IMO and I am considering something better like the micro Seiki MA505 or fidelity Research FR65 or one of the Pioneers like you have

IMG_2242 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, SME 3009/2 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20 - Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Voyager Mono Block, Speakers Tannoy precision 6.4 / Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Paul.

Lovely arm and beautifully engineered, its like a work of art. Did it come with the arm wired? What you will find is that the Dynamic Absorber will play a large and positve part in the performance of the arm (As it does with mine, although I have a different arm) and turntable.
    Will you be using your current cartridge?
    Congratulations and enjoy.
    Turntable - Pioneer PL-90. Cartridge - Kiseki Purple Heart. CD Player- Pioneer PD-91. Cassette Player- Pioneer CT-91a. Pre-Amp - Pioneer C-73 Ref. Power Amp - Pioneer M-73 Ref. Tuner- Pioneer F-91.
    Speakers - Pioneer S-2EX standmounts

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Jamie thats a lovely tonearm and I think it will suit the 590 better than the Zeta, as good as the Zeta is aesthetically I don't think it look's quite right
    The S shaped silver tone arms match the turntable very nicely IMO
    I'm using an SME 3009 mk2 on mine and it looks great but not the last word in tone arms IMO and I am considering something better like the micro Seiki MA505 or fidelity Research FR65 or one of the Pioneers like you have
    Alan
    i completely agree alan,

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    Lovely arm and beautifully engineered, its like a work of art. Did it come with the arm wired? What you will find is that the Dynamic Absorber will play a large and positve part in the performance of the arm (As it does with mine, although I have a different arm) and turntable.
    Will you be using your current cartridge?
    Congratulations and enjoy.
    hi,thanks,yes i the arm is wired and i have the external cable too, i will give it a go with the denon 103sa but i will need to add a bit of extra weight at the rear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast