+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Electrostatic/Planar Speakers

I'm Phil.

highly recommend martin logan , there are electromotions around and theos etc
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    highly recommend martin logan , there are electromotions around and theos etc
    Thanks Phil I will take a look at those as well..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dennis.

OK if you can tolerate the visual imposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    OK if you can tolerate the visual imposition.
    Dennis the size is not a problem to me as I only have myself to please... absolutely no WAF here
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I've posted the same question on the Naim forum and someone says that the SN2 driving a pair of 63's was absolutely no problem so I am hoping that it will be enough for the Maggies as well.. we will see

My 'bargain' Maggies will be with me in about a week or so once I've collected them, I will report back as soon as I have a 'handle' on them
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    the size is not a problem to me as I only have myself to please...
    Not sure how to reply to that!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not sure how to reply to that!
    Bev

I'm Martin.

Thanks for the comments Martin, are the 63's really bad then ? I did read some negative's about 63's but again I guess if they are cheap enough then maybe worth a go just to get a feel of the sound and to see if they would work in my room before moving on to something better in the electrostatic/planar field
    No but the newer models are better built, better all round. 63s are old now and will need a lot of work unless you buy some that have had it all done already. Same with 57.

But I see you have gone for Maggies so academic now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I've posted the same question on the Naim forum and someone says that the SN2 driving a pair of 63's was absolutely no problem so I am hoping that it will be enough for the Maggies as well.. we will see

My 'bargain' Maggies will be with me in about a week or so once I've collected them, I will report back as soon as I have a 'handle' on them
    Hope the Naim works with the Maggies but they are not comparable to electrostatics in terms of amplifier requirements. I have used 300w monoblocks with my 1.7s and they reminded me of AudreyII in the Little Shop of Horrors! They still wanted more juice!

Geoff

I'm Dennis.

My concern was not so much with WAF, but my own situation to which yours may be similar.

You may remember the picture of my Betas with the front window behind in the centre from the "Show us your speakers" thread.

A few years ago I sold a pair of CLS 2s for a friend, and they sounded good but virtually blocked out the front window, and I could not live with that. They also dipped to 0.5 ohms.

Mind you the Betas are not diminishingly small, but they are not wide, and I've given up seeking a Dom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast