+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Electrostatic/Planar Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I believe the MG12's are a bit smaller than my MG1's and your current 1.7's so did you find the bass lacking at all ?
    Not in the slightest! I speak as an owner of LS3/5a speakers. If you can live with these the smaller Maggies will sound magnificent.

Geoff

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Not in the slightest! I speak as an owner of LS3/5a speakers. If you can live with these the smaller Maggies will sound magnificent.

Geoff
    I also owned some lovely LS3/5a's... I loved them to bits but having very low output SET amps was not a good match for them so sold them last year

I could certainly live with the LS's sound when partnered with the right amp though
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

I also owned some lovely LS3/5a's... I loved them to bits but having very low output SET amps was not a good match for them so sold them last year

I could certainly live with the LS's sound when partnered with the right amp though
    I bought my Rogers LS3/5a speakers when I was at Uni in the late 70's. Cost me £150 from a shop in the Edgware Road London (still have the speakers and the receipt). Imagine a pair of LS3/5a speakers with al their positives but with real dynamics, razor sharp transients, and better (yes better) imaging.

Geoff

Having said all that I am really loving my MG1's sound... so natural, so not fatiguing, so efforless and so very musical....

I cannot get my head round what they look like and how music just flows from them, magical indeed. They sound absolutely nothing like they look if that makes sense

To be honest I cannot imagine not keeping the Maggies and, I am sure, I will be selling the other speakers I have in the coming months, no rush though just to make sure
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Having said all that I am really loving my MG1's sound... so natural, so not fatiguing, so efforless and so very musical....

I cannot get my head round what they look like and how music just flows from them, magical indeed. They sound absolutely nothing like they look if that makes sense

To be honest I cannot imagine not keeping the Maggies and, I am sure, I will be selling the other speakers I have in the coming months, no rush though just to make sure
    I think you are on the same path as me. Either optimise your existing Maggies, or invest in new ones!

I think you are on the same path as me. Either optimise your existing Maggies, or invest in new ones!
    Absolutely Geoff

I am just loving the sound of my Maggies. When I have them properly set-up with new brackets and plinths etc I will assess them, but I am pretty sure they will sound even better then

I will live with them for some months before deciding to invest in new Maggies as I am in no rush to part with the MG1's
    Bev

The Maggies also sound very good at low listening levels... which is a bonus
    Bev

I'm Gerard.

A lot can be done with the x-overs. My MG12s (and previous SMGa, b, &c's were too) were transformed when I changed the x-over to better components. There is a lot of info re this on the Planar Asylum MUG forum. I also have various info if needed.
    Regards
    Gerry

I'm Sandro.

yes good read that forum
    question for Ninanina di you try the bridge over resistors on the tweters
    Supplied 1 homes are to much and pretty nasty would you like to try a pair of Fucushima Futaba 0.47 ?
    send me PM and I put a couple of them in the mail
    About the cross over yes looking in to it will I resist till warranty is over ?
    and I have already eared a big improvement on the Maggies by changing cables whit the QED Supremus I got a 1 meter set on order

I'm Sandro.

Just made big improvement to my Magies
    I do not spend much on cables normaly, the Klotz I use is pretty good, but I had a friend to pop in whit is QED Supremus the difference that that made was audible straight away so I got a 1 meter long set, the mono block's F5 are near enough to do that they arrived 2 days ago.
    No need to say he is going to build the F5, my system is that good now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast