+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heybrook TT2 info thread.

I'm Shane.

Default The Heybrook TT2 info thread.

Since there seems to be a growing amount of interest in the TT2, a suggestion was made (thank you Svend!) to bring as much info as possible into a single place for reference. I’ll trawl through AoS and post links here to all the threads that have run over the last few years, and look for any relevant stuff on the web that may be of interest. Going forward, if anyone wants any info or advice about the TT2, or can contribute any experiences and experiments, everything will be welcome.

Mods, can we make this a sticky?
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Geoff.

Now stickyfied!

I'm Shane.

Thanks Geoff!

I'm Svend.

Yes, thanks Geoff!

Shane, let me know if I can help in any way. I'll start posting my own experience with the TT2 shortly as I make more changes and tweaks to it. Anything else I can do to help, let me know...

Svend

I'm Shane.

Thanks Svend, over the weekend I’m going to post links to all the threads I can find on AoS about the TT2 so they’re easily accessible in one place. I’m not sure what the protocol is here about posting links to other forums, but I can’t see why it would be a problem so I’ll look for anything interesting elsewhere as well. If you can put in some links to sites you’ve found, that would be brilliant.

I'm Svend.

Sure -- will do. Busy day today, then away for the weekend, but will get to this on Monday. As mentioned, there are a number of owners in Canada who post on the CAM forum. I will search their threads and post links to whatever I feel is worthwhile.

I'm jamie.

here's a few pics of my old one,i bought it at the same time as owner an lp12 pre cirkus,very little difference between the 2.

next i bought a mission 774 and made an armboard to fit it.

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Shane.

Nice one Jamie! Did you find any benefit from that counterweight on the 774?

I'm Svend.

+1 Nice deck Jamie. You know, when I first looked at that brass CW in the second pic, I thought it was a shell casing from a very large calibre gun. Looks just like it, even the firing pin dimple.

Did you make up the new armboard to the same spec as the original? If not, any difference in sound?

And that external tonearm wire at the pivot -- is that a mod, or factory design? Not familiar with that arm.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Nice one Jamie! Did you find any benefit from that counterweight on the 774?
    it came with the arm shane as the original had the counter weight sag,i didnt notice any difference and to be honest it was a pain as the grub screw screwed directly onto the thread of the arm making it jump forward or backward a small amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    +1 Nice deck Jamie. You know, when I first looked at that brass CW in the second pic, I thought it was a shell casing from a very large calibre gun. Looks just like it, even the firing pin dimple.

Did you make up the new armboard to the same spec as the original? If not, any difference in sound?

And that external tonearm wire at the pivot -- is that a mod, or factory design? Not familiar with that arm.
    hi Svend,
    yes i copied the original one using 2 bolts sandwiched between the ply.apart from the counter weight the arm is as it comes.
    actually looking at the old photos again makes me rather miss that old deck,it cost me £180 which was a bargain in my mind,i should have kept it!
    one of the things i liked about it was the big cast aluminum sub chassis,done years before linn thought of it for the lp12.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast