+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Clones - Good value for money or rip off?

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    That's better than our own situation
    If you believe that there is more religious freedom in China than here then you clearly know absolutely nothing about the subject.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    If you believe that there is more religious freedom in China than here then you clearly know absolutely nothing about the subject.
    Religious freedom is the problem we have is that good?
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Grant.

People don't understand lack of freedom on basic rights until they lose them. We should fight to preserve them no matter the cost
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Religious freedom is the problem we have is that good?
    So you are happy with the Chinese regime bulldozing churches by the dozen, in some cases with people inside. as has been increasingly frequent since Xi came to power five years ago?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...istian-church/

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...pression-21809

There is (needless to say) a political backdrop to this:

https://thediplomat.com/2016/05/why-...-christianity/

So it seems you are in good company with your fellow anti-religious bigots.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    So you are happy with the Chinese regime bulldozing churches by the dozen, in some cases with people inside. as has been increasingly frequent since Xi came to power five years ago?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...istian-church/

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...pression-21809

There is (needless to say) a political backdrop to this:

https://thediplomat.com/2016/05/why-...-christianity/

So it seems you are in good company with your fellow anti-religious bigots.
    i replied to your pm and that's my last word on it. Politics is bullshit you are welcome to it
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Martin.

I have mixed feelings. If you all said thare is an amazing class A to D amp, valve amp or DAC for a good price I would consider it.

I own two Huawei Phones which are fine buys. I also have a fiio mini headphone amplifier which is a fine product

I just have that general feeling that they will copy anything in half a day and certain areas are dodgy. That may be unfair but I like relating to a UK company. Then again most stuff seems to be made in China anyway including all the components so It gets confusing just how much of a British product Im getting.

Overall I still find that Chinese Hi fi sector a bit distasteful like the British boffins do it better.....but do they really?

I'm nigel.

One thing to bear in mind if you do go Chi fi, factor in the cost of replacing the stock tubes.
    The ones supplied can best be thought of in the same manner as cheapie interconnects bundled with yer standard euro/jap kit.

Last year I took the plunge into tube amplification with a Little Dot Headphone/Preamp from Amazon.
    The supplied tubes got me up and running but the sound was a little vague...even after a good burn in.

A matched set of of tubes from Watford Valves really lifted the performance to another level.
    For under 180 pounds (the replacements were 40 quid delivered), as a introduction to tubes its a steal.

I'm Lawrence.

I have enjoyed my Opera Consonance M100SE EL34 amp for many years. I imagine the previous owner did too but I never met him. It would rival any western competitor at 1.5-2x the price. I also liked my Yarland FV34B mk 2 or 3, which had clarity caps etc in, but the mkV seemed to be a more price conscious design, so I accept Yarland are of variable quality.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Interesting debate so far. In the previous century DIY audio was the forward where people would often build their own amps. Perhaps the clone PCB's could be ushering in a new breed of DIY fans that are happy to tweak with parts bought from the UK? That's whats certainly happened with myself. This also gets over the problem of FAKE parts.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Interesting debate so far. In the previous century DIY audio was the forward where people would often build their own amps. Perhaps the clone PCB's could be ushering in a new breed of DIY fans that are happy to tweak with parts bought from the UK? That's whats certainly happened with myself. This also gets over the problem of FAKE parts.
    But what if the 'cloned' PCBs themselves contain errors, such as the afore cited Quad 405 PCB copies?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast