+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M55e Jico SAS

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Oooh...You been spending your money James
    Not just yet but maybe soon
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

Sapphire.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Here's some info. The Ruby (Neo SAS/R) is supposed to be the best of the bunch.

https://www.jico-stylus.com/neosas.php
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Here's some info. The Ruby (Neo SAS/R) is supposed to be the best of the bunch.

https://www.jico-stylus.com/neosas.php
    How does it compare to your old SAS?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Andrew.

I've just sold the old one. It's night and day honestly. I've not tinkered with my '75 for some time but I can't see myself ever wanting another MM. It's very very good and gives some MC carts approaching £1K a VERY good run for their money!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

I'd like to try the NEO SAS/R and very very nearly ordered one but they have stopped production until they catch up with orders.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm James.

I'd like to try the NEO SAS/R and very very nearly ordered one but they have stopped production until they catch up with orders.
    I thought something had happened as they disappeared off the site when I last looked. I agree many MC cartridges would struggle to give you this amount of musical satisfaction.

I'm James.

I've just sold the old one. It's night and day honestly. I've not tinkered with my '75 for some time but I can't see myself ever wanting another MM. It's very very good and gives some MC carts approaching £1K a VERY good run for their money!
    There was some chat on other forums suggesting the new SAS were not as good as the old but you suggest otherwise? I would be interested in hearing the Ruby but I think it was rather expensive (£400?)

I'm Kevin.

I would be interested to know how this campares to the EPC-205 with a NEO SAS in your opinion.
    I only have the M55 with the SAS so comparing it to my 205 NEO isn’t the same.

By the time you add importation charges, the SAS are expensive.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    There was some chat on other forums suggesting the new SAS were not as good as the old but you suggest otherwise? I would be interested in hearing the Ruby but I think it was rather expensive (£400?)
    Never heard the old sad so can't comment on the old ones I must say that the prices of the old sad stock had started to rise and to some extent had put me off looking for one. I didn't realize the ruby cost £40
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast