+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73

Thread: Strong STRONG reccommendation for this HDMI cable...genuine Stepchange better.

  1. #31
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 32,127
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Yes, I wondered that? Not the first time one of my posts has "disappeared".

    Geoff
    Must be Tapatalk. Nobody's deletes posts at this end (unless there's misbehaviour ).

  2. #32
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Bristol, UK

    Posts: 242
    I'm Stephen.

    Default

    Mine arrived a few days ago. Shouldn’t be any import duty because the unit price is very low.

    Out with the Silver Starlight 5 and the Monoprice replaces it. Definitely on a par with the Wireworld. I think contrast is better with the Monoprice and blacks are well blacker.

    A sure bargain in the AV world.

  3. #33
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: Notts

    Posts: 849
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Here: https://www.cabledepot.co.uk/2m-thin...et-p-3013.html

    They're *not* the same as the Monoprice ones though, Jo. I bought two, and did a comparison between those and some Monoprice ones, all used in the same application, and the latter are notably better.

    This is currently the best place to get the Monoprice ones from: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...L3N7I3N7V&th=1

    I'll be doing a write-up tomorrow on the subject!

    Marco.
    I disagree. I am also surprised that this forum has just discovered Redmere as it has been around for more than a decade. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3tjPbUojw

    Redmere are to be credited with bringing the price down and making the tech more accessible. I bought one of the long Monoprice cables (5m) back in 2011/12 for a home theatre (projector) setup in Malawi. It was good but the UK one I bought recently is as good.

    Geoff

  4. #34
    Join Date: Sep 2009

    Location: Derbyshire

    Posts: 7,399
    I'm Josie.

    Default

    Ah, thanks, Geoff.

    Hmm, I missed macro's reply. Sorry Marco.

    Okay, both are red-thingie. I would have thought that they would be the same?

    On another note... I am wondering if my olde telly circa 2007 would be able to use it... If so, would it make a difference?





    Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Join Date: Nov 2010

    Location: Coventry

    Posts: 3,017
    I'm Will.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    This is currently the best place to get the Monoprice ones from: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...L3N7I3N7V&th=1
    Marco.
    Unfortunately they're out of stock! Hence ebay...looks like there's been an AOS rush!
    Last edited by WAD62; 11-02-2018 at 21:14.
    Cheers, Will

  6. #36
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 75,086
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I disagree. I am also surprised that this forum has just discovered Redmere as it has been around for more than a decade. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3tjPbUojw

    Redmere are to be credited with bringing the price down and making the tech more accessible. I bought one of the long Monoprice cables (5m) back in 2011/12 for a home theatre (projector) setup in Malawi. It was good but the UK one I bought recently is as good.
    Fair enough. You tell it as you see it. I see it differently, with the version available from Cable Depot causing images to look a little 'fuzzier' than the Monoprice, and with colours less 'solid' and well-defined [full review tomorrow on a separate thread].

    Aside from that, I prefer the plugs used on the Monoprice and the fact that the cable used (or outer sheathing) is much thinner, thus making the overall HDMI lead even easier to hide.

    I've only recently got into home-cinema, and bought a 4K flat-screen TV, and so would've had no reason until now to experiment with HDMI cables, hence why I'd not discovered the Redmere thing sooner.

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

  7. #37
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 75,086
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    Unfortunately they're out of stock! Hence ebay...looks like there's been an AOS rush!
    Ah I see... For the moment then, the original link might be the best place to order from: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...mlinks-2617611

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

  8. #38
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: Notts

    Posts: 849
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Fair enough. You tell it as you see it. I see it differently, with the version available from Cable Depot causing images to look a little 'fuzzier' than the Monoprice, and with colours less 'solid' and well-defined [full review tomorrow on a separate thread].

    Aside from that, I prefer the plugs used on the Monoprice and the fact that the cable used (or outer sheathing) is much thinner, thus making the overall HDMI lead even easier to hide.

    I've only recently got into home-cinema, and bought a 4K flat-screen TV, and so would've had no reason until now to experiment with HDMI cables, hence why I'd not discovered the Redmere thing sooner.

    Marco.
    I would send that cable back. You shouldn't have those problems even with a basic HDMI cable. I guess one of the downsides of the Redmere cables is that they are prone to damage precisely because the cables are so thin.

    Geoff

  9. #39
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 75,086
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Lol - it's not damaged in any way!

    It works perfectly well (as does the other lead I bought from the Cable Depot), and is extremely effective. It's just not as effective, to my eyes, as the Monoprice one, which as outlined, simply does things a bit better. Had I not compared it with the Monoprice version, I'd have been delighted.

    Bear in mind that I'm as fussy about optimizing the picture quality on my TV, as I am the sound I hear through my speakers (and that my eyesight is as good as my hearing acuity)!

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

  10. #40
    Join Date: Oct 2008

    Location: Glasgowshire

    Posts: 6,411
    I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

    Default

    All cables aren’t created equal...

    Whether your glass is half empty or half full – I hope that half is beer


+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •