+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong STRONG reccommendation for this HDMI cable...genuine Stepchange better.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    actives have to go in right way round, just in case you didnt know. it should work any way otherwise. the ethernet is a misnomer as its never used.
    I know...cable can't support 4:4:4, so I'll use it with my laptop as it's light to carry around, bring on the monoprice...

P.S. It's working with my old DVD/720p combo upstairs
    Cheers, Will

I'm Grant.

4-4-4 is the lum, chroma mix ie 4k tv. did it say it was 4k viable on the site?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Will.

4-4-4 is the lum, chroma mix ie 4k tv. did it say it was 4k viable on the site?
    There was little info except high speed, active, and 18gb...anyway fingers crossed for the monoprice, both Marco and Gaz got 4.4.4 from theirs...

FYI my UB900 blue ray can be set to either 4k 4.4.4 10 bit, or 4k 4.2.0 8 bit, if it can't support 10 bit, and the supplied one can then it's off to the lap top bag with it
    Cheers, Will

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    My cable depot active has arrived, it will not display any image from my blue ray player, probably due to it being set to 4:4:4, put the supplied one back in and no problem, back to 4K HDR...the labelling on the cable depot one has 'Ethernet', whereas the supplied panasonic one states '2.0'.

It may be faulty, I'll test it with a lower resolution source...
    I am sure that you know already, but have you double checked directionality. Even non Redmere cables can do 4k over short lengths.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Just to add, Ethernet over HDMI cable are fully backwards compatible. See this:

https://www.mycablemart.com/help/hdmi_which_one.php

Geoff

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I am sure that you know already, but have you double checked directionality. Even non Redmere cables can do 4k over short lengths.

Geoff
    As discussed on another thread you're not using yours with a 4K HDR TV, but with a lower res monitor...for 4k it needs to be at least 2.0a/b HDMI AFAIK

And yes I have grasped the concept of the 'TV' end of the cable...
    Cheers, Will

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    As discussed on another thread you're not using yours with a 4K HDR TV, only with a lower res monitor...for 4k it needs to be at least 2.0a/b HDMI AFAIK

And yes I have grasped the concept of the 'TV' end of the cable...
    Yes I am using it with a monitor. As I said previously, a 4k monitor @60 fps in full 4k resolution.

If you are having problems I would send it back It may be a bad batch.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

actives have to go in right way round, just in case you didnt know. it should work any way otherwise. the ethernet is a misnomer as its never used.
    Ethernet over HDMI is used on devices that support it. For example, if you have a suitably equipped bluray player and smart tv supporting Ethernet over HDMI, both can access an ethernet connection plugged into either one. This can save a lot of unnecessary cabling.e
    Geoff

I'm Grant.

yup but almost nobody uses it. or are likely to
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Yes I am using it with a monitor. As I said previously, a 4k monitor @60 fps in full 4k resolution.

If you are having problems I would send it back It may be a bad batch.

Geoff
    OK Geoff 4k point noted, it may be that I've set my blue ray at 4k 4:4:4 10 bit, as opposed to 4k 4:2:0 8 bit, unfortunately it's not an 'auto' setting...we'll see if the monoprice version has the same issue...the supplied HDMI is still the winner at the moment
    Cheers, Will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast