+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong STRONG reccommendation for this HDMI cable...genuine Stepchange better.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    All cables aren’t created equal...

True, but a lot of cables are made in the same factory and price has little to do with quality. Not convinced, check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHjkb1m7Y7s&t=1062s

Geoff

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

As in a ten quid cable (before HM Customs sinks its teeth in) beating a 500 one?
    Your absolutely right!
    (I’ve personally directly compared the two btw)

T’was being Ironical...

Monoprice do YouTube vids too...

Last edited by Gazjam; 12-02-2018 at 23:02.
    Whether your glass is half empty or half full I hope that half is beer

I'm Grant.

As in a ten quid cable (before HM Customs sinks its teeth in) beating a 500 one?
    Your absolutely right!

T’was being Ironical...

https://youtu.be/hk3tjPbUojw
    Was a great find afaic and happy to have upgraded my pic for a few quid.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55 SAS/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Geoff.

Your absolutely right!

T’was being Ironical...

https://youtu.be/hk3tjPbUojw
    Yes, as I said, I bought one of the Monoprice Redmere cables around 6/7 years ago. You will see from that video there were selling (though not manufacturing) Redmere way back.

Geoff

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Embedded yer YouTube video for you, Gaz

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Yes, as I said, I bought one of the Monoprice Redmere cables around 6/7 years ago. You will see from that video there were selling (though not manufacturing) Redmere way back.

Geoff
    Cool.
    As you said Geoff, price can (happily) have not a lot to do with quality, thats whats worth putting out there so we all can benefit!
    Sometimes these things come up that are worth reminding folk about.

Redmere was an Irish company, who came up with the technology and licenced it to various companies, first being Radio Shack (Tandy) I think?

Like all cable manufactureres (and resellers)...all are not equal, despite selling technically the “same thing”.
    Whether your glass is half empty or half full I hope that half is beer

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - it's not damaged in any way!

It works perfectly well (as does the other lead I bought from the Cable Depot), and is extremely effective. It's just not as effective, to my eyes, as the Monoprice one, which as outlined, simply does things a bit better. Had I not compared it with the Monoprice version, I'd have been delighted.

Bear in mind that I'm as fussy about optimizing the picture quality on my TV, as I am the sound I hear through my speakers (and that my eyesight is as good as my hearing acuity)!

Marco.
    2 * 6' Monoprice active on way from US, and 1 * 6' active on way from cable depot...I'm looking forward to their arrival, as Blade Runner 2049 has just popped through the door...
    Cheers, Will

I'm Simon.

Inspired by this thread I've ordered 2 Monoprice cables, 1 for the AV and 1 for my Sky box. I'm assuming I only need 1 in the chain, going to the TV? Reason I ask is because I have an HDMI cable going from my Oppo's output into the surround sound processor, and then a cable from the processor to the TV. I'm aiming to replace the latter so that the Redmere chip is at the TV end.

Good that these are 4k supported too as it'll mean I already have cables in place for when I eventually upgrade to 4k.

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Here: https://www.cabledepot.co.uk/2m-thin...et-p-3013.html

They're *not* the same as the Monoprice ones though, Jo. I bought two, and did a comparison between those and some Monoprice ones, all used in the same application, and the latter are notably better.

This is currently the best place to get the Monoprice ones from: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...L3N7I3N7V&th=1

I'll be doing a write-up tomorrow on the subject!

Marco.
    Did this happen? Can't find it if it did.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Croft Series 7 power amp and a Standac. Squeezebox Touch
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Did this happen? Can't find it if it did.
    ...nor I...Marco!?
    Cheers, Will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast