+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong STRONG reccommendation for this HDMI cable...genuine Stepchange better.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Notice the markings on the plugs at the end...Source and TV?
    Directional HDMI cables...What sorcery is this!

Just in case anyone does think its witchcraft, the chip is built into the TV end, thats why its bigger and it needs connecting that way round.
    These ones are active. Whatever that means lol. Got a set coming
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    These ones are active. Whatever that means lol. Got a set coming
    Lol, it means they have a chip thats powered doing clever stuff at the tv end.
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm Grant.

Duumo but they are called active on them
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

The performance is down to the Redmere technology and Monoprice are only one of several manufacturers using it.

I am sure the Monoprice cables are as good as the Amazon ones but the shipping and import charges make them poor value for money.

I can recommend the Amazon cables which are well made and perform well.

Geoff

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Notice the markings on the plugs at the end...Source and TV?
    Directional HDMI cables...What sorcery is this!

Just in case anyone does think its witchcraft, the chip is built into the TV end, thats why its bigger and it needs connecting that way round.
    Well...DUH.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    The performance is down to the Redmere technology and Monoprice are only one of several manufacturers using it.

I am sure the Monoprice cables are as good as the Amazon ones but the shipping and import charges make them poor value for money.

I can recommend the Amazon cables which are well made and perform well.

Geoff
    In the context of being better than £500 Wireworld HDMI cables, to me, in my system...I disagree with your take on them being poor value for money.
    Sorry Geoff.
    Monoprice are the cheapest vendor by the way.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    In the context of being better than £500 Wireworld HDMI cables, to me, in my system...I disagree with your take on them being poor value for money.
    Sorry Geoff.
    Monoprice are the cheapest vendor by the way.
    True only if buying in the US or Canada. Look at the UK shipping costs!

I'm Gary.

Couldn't find anyone in the UK that stocks them unfortunately.
    Never got stung for postage the way you guys are.

Monoprice has a UK outfit, but no HDMI cables.
    https://www.monoprice.uk/?gclid=EAIa...SAAEgI5xPD_BwE

Be good if there was a UK stockist, but alas no. (least that I could find!)

Can only speak to the Monoprice ones, as those were the ones reccommended on American AV forums and the only one I've tried.
    To me its as good an HDMI as you'll ever need, it bettered a Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 with my new AV setup.

Was prepared to buy one, but the Monoproce was better.
    I say suck up the postage and get one.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Grant.

Getting mine from Amazon us for total of £20 delivered. More than I would usually spend but hey ho
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jerry.

It looks to me like the long lengths of the Amazon basic HDMI cable has the Redmere gubbins and the shorter lengths don't. If you switch between the various cables the word Redmere disappears. I think they probably don't put it in the shorter cables cos it is not required...
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast