Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
I disagree. I am also surprised that this forum has just discovered Redmere as it has been around for more than a decade. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3tjPbUojw

Redmere are to be credited with bringing the price down and making the tech more accessible. I bought one of the long Monoprice cables (5m) back in 2011/12 for a home theatre (projector) setup in Malawi. It was good but the UK one I bought recently is as good.
Fair enough. You tell it as you see it. I see it differently, with the version available from Cable Depot causing images to look a little 'fuzzier' than the Monoprice, and with colours less 'solid' and well-defined [full review tomorrow on a separate thread].

Aside from that, I prefer the plugs used on the Monoprice and the fact that the cable used (or outer sheathing) is much thinner, thus making the overall HDMI lead even easier to hide.

I've only recently got into home-cinema, and bought a 4K flat-screen TV, and so would've had no reason until now to experiment with HDMI cables, hence why I'd not discovered the Redmere thing sooner.

Marco.