+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tenuto is coming tomorrow.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    PAUL, Indeed it is the Benz wood SL.

Many are not keen on this cartridge, perhaps it might be something to do with what arm is used and more importantly what phono stage. For me, it just does it perfectly.

I also have a couple of other carts... Koetsu Urushi black and a Denon 103 Pro.

For me, the all rounder is the Benz but I do treat myself with a few plays with the Koetsu Urushi Black when I feel the need but always frightened of what if I damage the cart.

A dear friend has the koetsu Jade for sale.... and keeps saying you need this........ but perhaps I need a hole in the head first and I don’t have £8k spare for a needle.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Lol, there may be no tomorrow!!!

Seriously, I've been doing a lot of listening, visiting others to listen and pulling the meat from the bones for a while now and the only thing I've bought blind for a bit was the Decca. It was only bought on the knowledge it'd be easy to move on if I didn't like it.

The difference is I know what I want to hear and know how to go about getting it. The last piece of my jigsaw will be some Hashimoto HM-3 to partner the Kontrapunkt b I've had on trial for weeks and now paid for.

Hashimotos, Denon HA-500, Bobs devices, Ortofon T5, Denon 320, A&R HA-10 and more have all been in my system to try and the Hashimoto HM-3 have it.

I've been very thorough
    The Hashimoto is very good, had one for a while. The Tribute I have now is better.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    PAUL, Indeed it is the Benz wood SL.

Many are not keen on this cartridge, perhaps it might be something to do with what arm is used and more importantly what phono stage. For me, it just does it perfectly.

I also have a couple of other carts... Koetsu Urushi black and a Denon 103 Pro.

For me, the all rounder is the Benz but I do treat myself with a few plays with the Koetsu Urushi Black when I feel the need but always frightened of what if I damage the cart.

A dear friend has the koetsu Jade for sale.... and keeps saying you need this........ but perhaps I need a hole in the head first and I don’t have £8k spare for a needle.

Peter

i had a Benz wood SL and very nice it was, many say it's laid back and warm, I disagree, I found it very detailed and lively. I just fancied a change so it was sold to someone looking for one. Like you say arm/cart and phono stage matching is key, as with any cart.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Benz are good, I use a Gullwing SLR.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    The Hashimoto is very good, had one for a while. The Tribute I have now is better.
    Tribute? I imagine more money?

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Lol, there may be no tomorrow!!!

Seriously, I've been doing a lot of listening, visiting others to listen and pulling the meat from the bones for a while now and the only thing I've bought blind for a bit was the Decca. It was only bought on the knowledge it'd be easy to move on if I didn't like it.

The difference is I know what I want to hear and know how to go about getting it. The last piece of my jigsaw will be some Hashimoto HM-3 to partner the Kontrapunkt b I've had on trial for weeks and now paid for.

Hashimotos, Denon HA-500, Bobs devices, Ortofon T5, Denon 320, A&R HA-10 and more have all been in my system to try and the Hashimoto HM-3 have it.

I've been very thorough
    me too,ive been given great advice so far with the cartridge and head amp,the turntable frankly is a no brainer,i also sell what ever i dont use so i will recover funds.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    me too,ive been given great advice so far with the cartridge and head amp,the turntable frankly is a no brainer,i also sell what ever i dont use so i will recover funds.
    I made a list last night to try and see how much money I've lost over the two year journey and to be fair I'm surprised to say, I have nearly broken even when buying, trying and selling.

There has been investment but I'm ok with what I've spent.

I'm at the place I want to be now so it's all good.

Ps, it was a long list

I'm Geoff.

Ah. That little itch that needs scratching will be along sooner or later Oliver.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ah. That little itch that needs scratching will be along sooner or later Oliver.
    No mate, it can't come. I am having to change my job due to a reorganization of the Railway franchises and it's going to mean I have to take a £14kPa drop in wages. It's gutting but I can still keep the house going, keep us warm and feed the wife and kids so its not the end of the world. I knew his was a possibility a little while back so went on a ferocious upgrade mission with the hopes of being done in time for the change. Luckily, it's worked and I'm there. One last jigsaw piece in the way of a SUT and that's it. It has to be.

I'm Peter.

Don’t get me wrong guys, the Benz is a super cart..... my mainstay cart. Just reading on this forum it appears not to be too popular! Don’t know why?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast