+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PlayStation 3's Hit by Leap Year Date Bug?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default PlayStation 3's Hit by Leap Year Date Bug?

Well, my PS3 gave up the ghost last night - thought it was just mine, but looks like a worldwide epidemic! (30 million of the old style machines!)

BBC News - PS3 Problem

Very embarrassing for Sony, I should imagine... Wonder when (if?!) and how they will fix them...?

Xbox 360 for a while then!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ILOB.

Yes embarrassing
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Guillaume.

Sony has promised a solution under 24 hours!!!

Hope they'll get it (for you! )

O.A.
    Guillaume

"Insanity: Doing the same things, expecting different results" A. EINSTEIN

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

My theory is that it will right itself tonight as the clock strikes 12 - I'm betting the hardware clock thinks 2010 is a leap year - the OS Clock has no clue what 29/02/1010 is - but will work at midnight, albeit it will think it is 1st not 2nd March... we shall see in 3 and a bit hours!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm fightingmywayoutofawetecho.

Well there's nothing wrong with mine..
    My System:

Linn Akurate DSM,Naim 32.5 pre amp Hicap,Naim Snaxo Hicap,3x Naim 250 power amps,Active Naim NBLs.
    Dave Hewitt MR PLANK 4 watt SE and Jm Lab Electra 905s.

As I suspected, all was well once we moved on from the fictional 29th February 2010... Newer "Slim" ones (and some of the older models) weren't affected, Ian.
    Alex

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Is everybody with the older original PS3 having date issues? Mine said it was 1/3/10 this morning when I checked!! I was able to log into the playstation network today tho!!!
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

Yes, you'll have to change the date manually, or set it to update via the internet as the hardware clock will be a day out now, as it thought the 1st was the 29th it now thinks the 2nd is the 1st.
    Alex

I'm notAlone.

I'm not at home, so I won't be using my PS3 before Saturday. And I guess on Saturday I will need a system update...
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm David.

technology eh, all those '0's' and '1's' foiled by a '2' and a '9'
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

+ Reply to Thread