+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD: SME 3009 Cable plug

I'm Josie.

Default WTD: SME 3009 Cable plug

Hi all... I'm looking for a replacement plug for my 3009 as mine has weirdly broken slightly.

Its the original 4 pin triangular type, same as in the pic below.

Has anyone got one knocking around?

Many thanks

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Martin.

Hi Josie, mine too fell to bits only last week. I have managed to have it repaired and held together with hot glue gun glue. It's no looker but it works for now. When I was looking for a replacement I found it was cheaper to convert to RCA using the German made kit as installed on my MA ET500's SME3009. Regards, Martin
    Last edited by Dylanthecat; 15-01-2018 at 22:19.

I'm Geoff.

'Super Crylic' is way stronger. I use it for this kind of repair. It's stronger than regular epoxy adhesives and super glue. You have to work fast with it and trim off surplus before is sets rock hard.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DLXAD023-...EAAOSwgyxWXETn

I'm Dan.

At the risk of running an ad for a customer of mine.
    www.smetonearms.com has some of those. But i would recommend having the arm re-wired. It does wonders.

I'm Mark.

I couldn't get hold of one like yours (in decent condition/for a sensible price) so I made my own RCA conversion plate.
    It is still attached to the bottom of my 3009 which is now all boxed up as I'm using the Ortofon AS212.

The soldering was a devil though (like soldering hair !!)

I'm Josie.

Interesting stuff guys, thanks.

Hi Dan. I can't find the part on smetonearms though. All I can find is the socket, not the plug itself.

Its been rewired by Audio Origami. The cable has also been rewired but refitted with the original plug. Just one side of the grounding shell has snapped off. Grrr.

Thanks for the glue idea guys. I may give that a go.

I would like to keep it original but if an RCA conversion is the only way then I'll have to get that done.

No idea how the silver bit snapped off, my guess is age. It's getting on a bit.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Geoff.

Have you got a better picture Jo? I couldn't make much out on the one shown.

I'm Josie.

Hi Geoff... that was just a pic for reference. I'll get one done.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Martin.

Hi Jo, just to clarify has the pin broken or the earth 'cup' snapped. If the pins you can buy a kit to replace the pins. If the earth you could mechanically fix a wire work around. Martin

I'm Josie.

Hi Martin.

Its just one of the ground shells has broken off.

I've spoken to someone who said that it can be soldered back on.. Then he added "with some skill" . Lol...

Might ask if that can be done.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast