+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Talvin Singh...

I'm Shaun.

Default Talvin Singh...

TALVIN SINGH... 'OK' and 'HA'

OK, it’s very easy to knock this musician at the moment as being very 90’s but he has managed single handedly to win countless high level awards for his efforts in the last ten years or so. The album ‘OK’ is my favourite and also happens to be his first. It has a more reachable sound and a better blend of influences.
    Let’s get this sorted first; unless you go to an ultra modern Indian restaurant you are not going to be used to this guy’s music as a background canvas. His sound is a blend of the likes of Orbital or Aphex Twin mixed and liquidised with tabla and strong Indian influences. It is restaurant music but it is of the highest order and is played and created in a very contemporary atmosphere. I have only ever been in one Indian restaurant that played the music of Talvin Singh and that was in Cleethorpes market place.
    Moving on to ‘Ha’, my standout track would be ‘The Beat Goes On’. Nothing original there then, but a TB303 bassline to quite literally shake the foundation’s of your very own abode. This music is modern and very eclectic. It is drum ‘n bass but very techno. It will take your speakers and amplifier for a good test ride.

Enjoy

I'm Robert.

I've got OK somewhere, might have to dig it out and rip it for another listen.
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread