+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pink Triangle Too - replace the failed power supply or upgrade to a DC motor

I'm Mike.

Exclamation Pink Triangle Too - replace the failed power supply or upgrade to a DC motor

Good morning all.

A friend sent me an e-mail from California yesterday with a request - could I find him a replacement power supply for his PT Too ?
    Now those PT Too power supplies for the PT synchronous AC motor were not that reliable if my memory serves me right but the failure was with certain components, not the whole power supply. Am I right? And if so, does anyone know what are those components that went first every time?

An even more easy to answer question - would anybody have a working PT Too power supply and is willing to part with it ?

Personally, I would send an order to OriginLive for one of their DC Motor and Power Supply upgrade kits where one would get all the bits needed, and instructions what to do with them. Besides one would be getting a real, measurable improvement to music/sound at the same time albeit for a price.

What is the opinion of the Team?

Mike
    Last edited by datawireless; 15-01-2018 at 12:13. Reason: Forgot the key point

I'm Deleted.

The first thing to do would be to open the power supply and look for any bulging/leaking electrolytic capacitors or burnt looking components.
    Account Deleted

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    The first thing to do would be to open the power supply and look for any bulging/leaking electrolytic capacitors or burnt looking components.
    Agreed.
    However, my friend is not a techie and wouldn't recognise a bulging electrolytic capacitor if he stepped on it. Repair is the last option here.
    Any experience with Pink Triangle in general, and PT Too in particular? I have had a Pink Triangle LPT for years (actually it's on my avatar).

I'm Dave.

Contact Arthur at Funk.

I'm Mike.

Thanks Dave.
    Do you want me to pass any greetings to Arthur ?
    And by the way, how does one reach Arthur and where? Radlett Audio is you.
    Last edited by datawireless; 15-01-2018 at 14:24. Reason: Missing second part of the listing.

I'm Dave.

Arthur is very helpful and being the man who made the PT in the first place, he should be able to assist and advise.

Yes, please give him my best wishes.

I'm Tim.

info@thefunkfirm.co.uk should reach him.

It is rare to find a working PSU and non-working PT TOO, so I think the most likely option is a repair or the existing PSU, if he can find someone to look at it, or better yet a DC upgrade from the Funk Firm or Origin Live.

+ Reply to Thread