+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Remote prices - WHAT!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Possibly the original owner of the OP's new (to him) DAC kept the remote coz it's so fricking expensive.
    I imagine he has it encased in Perspex and mounted on his mantelpiece: 'I've just been made redundant but don't worry love, I'll sell the Bryson remote and we can pay the rest of the mortgage off.'
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Andrew.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes, no wife or offspring, so I can actually afford to pay 400 for a remote control. But hell would freeze over first, even if I had millions stashed away.
    I understand and sympathise with your viewpoint.
    I wouldn't splash out on flash cars if my lottery numbers came up, and I wouldn't be chucking money at expensive watches and the like either.
    If I'd shelled out on an all Bryston system then a remote might just be the required thing.
    Chris

Once we've made sense of our world, we wanna go fuck up everybody else's because his or her truth doesn't match mine. But this is the problem. Truth is individual calculation. Which means because we all have different perspectives, there isn't one singular truth, is there?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I understand and sympathise with your viewpoint.
    I wouldn't splash out on flash cars if my lottery numbers came up, and I wouldn't be chucking money at expensive watches and the like either.
    If I'd shelled out on an all Bryston system then a remote might just be the required thing.
    I'd sell the Bryston and buy a system from someone who isn't going to stick it to me for the remote. NAD, probably...

Seriously though, I don't care that it sells for 400, I don't care that there are people who would pay 400. I'm not trying to make any moral or political point about conspicuous consumption and Veblen goods. I don't care about that one way or the other. I just find it really amusing that a remote control costs 400.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    I don't think dealers need to comment on whether something is overpriced.
    I was under the impression that this is a forum where members comment, chat, advise and generally partake in conversations. As a "dealer" I actually pay to be here and so I consider I have the right to make comments. Also, as a "dealer" I have an insight into what things cost and markups, so my comments are as valid as any other.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I was under the impression that this is a forum where members comment, chat, advise and generally partake in conversations. As a "dealer" I actually pay to be here and so I consider I have the right to make comments. Also, as a "dealer" I have an insight into what things cost and markups, so my comments are as valid as any other.
    you do have the right to comment Dave so no more of that please Andrew..
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55 SAS/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Shane.

Fecking rip-off. Straight-up!

S.
    Shane Lonergan........UB1 Birth.

I'm Andrew.

Stomped on by the commercial muscle I exit stage left.

I'm Neil.

Sorry Andrew but all members have a right to comment. Dave wasn't trying to sell anything out of line simply bringing trade experience into a thread, and that is always a welcome thing if it fits the thread as is anyone's knowledge and views. No one stomped on anyone.
    Regards Neil

System 1: AMG Giro turntable, AMG 9W2 tonearm, Air Tight PC3 cartridge, Passlabs Xono phonostage, AMG Reference armcable. Accuphase DP57 CD player, Marantz SA7 SACD player, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, Veracity Mystra DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi i power + JKenny JKSPIDIF, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug, for computer audio, Audio Valve RKV2 headphone amp, headphones Grado GS 1000, Balanced Audio Technology VK300se integrated amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. Cabling: Signal - Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, Atlas Mavros, Speaker - QED Genesis Silver Spiral. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mark Grant distribution blocks, Equipment tables Target Audio B series.

System 2: Loricraft Garrard 401 turntable + SME 5 tonearm + VDH MC10 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 tonearm + VDH Frog Gold cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU, SME Model 20 turntable + Graham Phantom tonearm + Ortofon MC5200 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Balanced Audio Technology VK10se phonostage, Moon Andromeda CD player, Esoteric P5 SACD transport and P 5 DAC, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio player, AMR DP777 DAC + HP laptop + iFi i power + Wireworld Starlight USB - for computer audio, Kenwood 8300 tuner, Revox B760 tuner, Magnum Dynalab signal sleuth, Leak Troughline tuner + EAR Stereo decoder, Revox B77 mk 2 & Revox A77 mk3 reel to reel recorders, Balanced Audio Technology VK52se pre-amplifier, Music Reference RM200 mk1 power-amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. Cabling: Signal/Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains distribution blocks Mark Grant and Russ Andrews, Equipment tables Clear Light Audio.

I'm Andrew.

Being reminded that members have a right to comment and express an opinion is hardly being "stomped on", is it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast