+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headphone recommendations please.

I'm Andrew.

Default Headphone recommendations please.

I'm going to take the plunge and buy some decent headphones because later night listening has become a little compromised lately. They will only be used at home and so portability, sound isolation and sound leakage are not issues. I'm looking in the £200-£300 second hand region. The only ones I have heard ( and I was very impressed with them) are Sennheiser HD 650 or 600, I can't remember which but the salesman put them on me whilst misunderstanding how much I could afford to pay! I bought Sennheiser HD 515's at the time and have never been that impressed to be honest. I can drive them from either amp ( although only up to cable length 3 meters apparently) or DAC/ headphone amp. Does anything get even near to sounding like good speakers? Thanks in advance.

I'm Grant.

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/oppo-pm...gaAjHhEALw_wcB

hard to beat tbh at twice the price. you should get a second hand set for 200/2500 range
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Thanks Grant. They have come onto the radar in my initial trawl. Good to get a first hand opinion from someone who is not on the company payroll! I perhaps should have added that since I'm going second hand in order to try to get more for my money I won't be able to listen to any, so may have to with a general consensus sort of scenario.

I'm tony.

650s are hard to beat for all round performance/comfort/cable isolation.

They sell all the parts for them so if second hand you can change the ear pads etc.

I removed the inner foams-a bit like removing speaker grills.

I now use 700s-just a development of the 650s....love them to bits.

I horse traded my 650s with one of the members and he loves them.

I'm Lawrence.

The closest headphones I've got to actually sounding like speakers are my hifiman planars. I'm keeping my HE6s as they are the closest (and set me back a lot) but the HE500s come pretty close and I'm selling them, on Gumtree now for more, but could do them for £300 plus postage for you.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm tony.

I find my 700s very close to 57s sound wise.

They have to be driven properly...a SEG with the gain set accordingly or Cappella really bring them alive.

I'm Andrew.

Thanks Tony and thanks for the offer Lawrence. I'll have to have a bit of a think as £300 is at the top of my range and I don't want to rush in.

+ Reply to Thread