Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trump's "shithole countries"

lordmortlock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i know a lot of guys up here who dump there crap out in countryside. they are allowed to get it picked up from their homes free of charge by council but prefer to dump it. scum has no colour
    Absolutely right Grant.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

The UK.....Like it, or leave it

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Andy.

I really like this quote from Marine Le Pen. It sums up exactly how I feel about people leaving their countries to come to Britain:

"Those who come to France are to accept France, not to transform it to the image of their country of origin. If they want to live at home, they should have stayed at home."

I'm Gary.

People need to realise that the world is, well ... global.
    There's nothing that gives us nice privileged folks the right to fence off the good bits and tell the rest to eff-off back to their own end and die there. Our only achievement was to be lucky enough to be born in the right place at the right time.

And, yes, of course nobody likes scummy anti-social behaviour, but you are truly kidding yourself if you think that immigrants have a monopoly on that! Consider too that if people are literally at the bottom of the pile, gasping for air, they don't have the same stake in society that we might have, and won't feel the same incentive to nurture it. Villifying them isn't going to help.

The leader of the western world needs to understand this better than anyone else.
    IB

lordmortlock Guest

I completely agree Gary, Perfectly put.

I'm Geoff.

Ah, so easy to say. Try living here, folk wondering if their daughters will get back from school without being attacked and robbed of their mobiles and cash. Teenaged louts openly using drugs, terrorising folk and causing mayhem. Useless drivers with no licenses or insurance who just leg it if they hit you. People who shit and piss in the street or in your garden if it suits them. Yes, lets all be tolerant. Isn't that nice of us!

I'm Chris.

It is an alleged statement. If it is true then it is unacceptable

I am very surprised by quite a few posts on this thread.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitely Baffled View Post
    People need to realise that the world is, well ... global.

IB
    No it isn't. You might want it to be but in actual fact it is a collection of nation-states whose interests often collide. Pretending otherwise, in the hope that it might somehow magically come to pass because of that pretence makes no sense whatsoever and can have enormous unintended consequences.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

lordmortlock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ah, so easy to say. Try living here, folk wondering if their daughters will get back from school without being attacked and robbed of their mobiles and cash. Teenaged louts openly using drugs, terrorising folk and causing mayhem. Useless drivers with no licenses or insurance who just leg it if they hit you. People who shit and piss in the street or in your garden if it suits them. Yes, lets all be tolerant. Isn't that nice of us!
    Geoff - I live in a quiet backwater in Gloucestershire. The epitomy of middle class, green and pleasant England. Yet we have fly tipping, vandalism, knife crime, muggings, drug use and drink related violence. A quick check of the demographic here will make it clear that this anti social behaviour is not race related. A huge shame, yes. Unacceptable, absolutely. But in my experience it’s far more to do with the world we live than immigration.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitely Baffled View Post
    There's nothing that gives us nice privileged folks the right to fence off the good bits and tell the rest to eff-off back to their own end and die there.
    IB
    Oh, but there is. It's called immigration control and it's the right of every nation state.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast