+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - single Russian 6n3 valve

lordmortlock Guest

Default Wanted - single Russian 6n3 valve

Wondered if anyone might have one of these knocking around they’d sell please? Currently preferring the SS output of the (surprisingly good) Xiang sheng 01a dac I have here but wondering if some better glass might change that.

Would also look at direct drop in replacements but 5670s looks a bit fat?

Cheers, J

I'm Simon.

I've shed loads of these,pm your address and I'll stick a couple in the post.
    Simon.

lordmortlock Guest

Complete legend! Thanks Simon, pm incoming

I'm Alan.

The tube output of the Xiang Sheng is compromised by lesser quality coupling caps.

I contemplated changing them but have stuck with the SS output. I've removed the valve altogether, make the unit run a lot cooler which is better for reliability.

I'm Grant.

good to know the valve in the xiang is a 6n3. i use both outputs simultaneously
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

lordmortlock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    The tube output of the Xiang Sheng is compromised by lesser quality coupling caps.

I contemplated changing them but have stuck with the SS output. I've removed the valve altogether, make the unit run a lot cooler which is better for reliability.

That’s good info, thanks Alan. The SS output is defo sharper to my ears at the mo

I'm Lawrence.

I've just bought a bunch of the select version of several types ( inc the 6n3) with gold pins with the intention of passing a few on to save on total postage charges, haven't got round to listing them yet.

I'm Manny.

Mine had a GE5670 tube . The normal output (via opamps) was so good I didn't waste time tube rolling, and similar to Alan just removed the tube

I'm gordan.

tube rolling is anyway a satan's work
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

lordmortlock Guest

Just to say a massive Thank you to Simon for his help with this. Really nice thing to do, thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast