+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Pre Amp or DAC/Pre Amp

I'm Mike.

Default Wanted: Pre Amp or DAC/Pre Amp

Since I've now sold my Pass DCB1 Pre I need something to control my Primaluna valve power amp.

I'm watching a Bel Canto DAC/Pre 2.5 just now but wary of buying without trying a digital pre especially as I love my vinyl.

So what do you have to offer, Remote preferred but not essential, minimum of 2 inputs.

If a DAC/Pre is offered it must have at least 1 analogue input and USB DAC input.

I missed out on a Lindemann Musicbook 20 last week, must admit that looked quite nice, Mytek Brooklyn looks good too on the digital front, Antelope Audio DAC+ ?

Townsend Allegri?

Ultimately I'd like a Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre Amp so if you've got one to sell let me know

Budget anything up to £1500 I suppose, less preferred of course more if it's worth it

I listen to Rock, Prog Rock, Electronic, acoustic, Female Vocal, Electric Blues etc etc

Offer Away

I'm Mike.

Nothing out there to tide me over until I can find a Primaluna?

I'm brian.

Mike I have an Audio Innovations L2 valve pre that may be of interest.

I used it with Audio innovations valve power amps as well as with solid state amps and it always sounds great. Had it to a few Bake offs and it always went down well.

Modified to the max by Definitive Audio, it really is a great bit of kit. Here is an old sale thread of mine for it.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-valve-pre-amp

as you know, I come up regularly, and will be up again next month. Happy to bring it to you, for you to try out with your power amp.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    Mike I have an Audio Innovations L2 valve pre that may be of interest.

I used it with Audio innovations valve power amps as well as with solid state amps and it always sounds great. Had it to a few Bake offs and it always went down well.

Modified to the max by Definitive Audio, it really is a great bit of kit. Here is an old sale thread of mine for it.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-valve-pre-amp

as you know, I come up regularly, and will be up again next month. Happy to bring it to you, for you to try out with your power amp.
    Thanks for the offer but I don't think it would fit in my unit.

I'm brian.

Mike, thanks.

good luck .

I'm Mike.

Have this on trial just now......

It's not your average Pre Amp

Might just be a keeper

+ Reply to Thread