+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaker Jumpers - Reco's please

I'm Robert.

Default Speaker Jumpers - Reco's please

Any recommendations for some top quality speaker jumpers for not daft money ? Seen silver ones but big bucks ......
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Andrew.

Go bare wire at both ends and use your existing cable is my "reco".

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Go bare wire at both ends and use your existing cable is my "reco".
    +1

I'm Dave.

If you have any bits of speaker cable lying around, you can easily make jumpers from that. Which ever cable it is, it will sound better than the brass strips usually supplied by the speaker companies.

I'm Richard.

Hi Robbie,
    I have a pair of Chord Carnival Silver Plus doing nothing as my new speakers are single wire only. Spade to banana. £20. PM me if interested.

Richard
    Analogue: Linn LP12/Keel/Karmen/Karousel/Tranquility/Radikal/Trampolin 2/Collaro mat/Ekos SE/Audio Technica ART-1000 into Gold Note PH-10/PSU-10

Digital: Cyrus CD XT Signature into Border Patrol SE DAC

Amplification: Modwright LS36.5 pre into Modwright KW150SE

Speakers: Boenicke W8

Interconnects: Reference Fidelity Saturn and Oriton Orange Symphony

Speaker Cabling: Townshend Isolda

Headphones HD600

Mains: Various MCRU kits/Russ Andrews Power Cords/X Block

RCM: Velvet Vortex Ultrasonic

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickchy View Post
    Hi Robbie,
    I have a pair of Chord Carnival Silver Plus doing nothing as my new speakers are single wire only. Spade to banana. £20. PM me if interested.

Richard
    Meant to say thanks for the kind offer Richard but decided to go with some Chord signature jumpers which I'm yet to try.
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Richard.

No problem Robbie. Good luck with the new gear.

I'm Robert.

The Chord signature jumpers have arrows on https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ch...UXTPU7lO-MqfM:

Do the directional arrows matter with jumpers ? somehow I doubt it - I'm looking to go spade end for HF upper speaker posts and banana plugs into LF lower speaker posts......
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 20-01-2018 at 17:47.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Geoff.

I agree with the bare wire approach. My Reference 3a De Capos do not have a crossover but the two drivers have their own connectors. I use them with bare cable by strippng off 3" of insulator and then adding a bit of shrink wrap so that the cable is only exposed where it passes through the binding posts. A little bit of solder at the tips of the cable stop it from unravelling. Sorted. Much better than the heavy duty copper bars that are fitted as jumpers.

Geoff

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    The Chord signature jumpers have arrows on https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ch...UXTPU7lO-MqfM:

Do the directional arrows matter with jumpers ? somehow I doubt it - I'm looking to go spade end for HF upper speaker posts and banana plugs into LF lower speaker posts......
    I've got some Chord Odyssey going spare, which I can make up into bare ended jumpers. Just donate a couple of Quid to Cancer Research and I'll send them to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast