As a result of Andy (SMANGUS) purchasing a Panzerwood weight from me via Private Exhibitions here, I had the pleasure of meeting him in person.

Luckily and conveniently he lives a few mins from me so I popped over to hand deliver the item.

He invited me in and my eye immediately caught his very nice Nottingham Analogue Interspace, the special edition version with lovely Mahogany Plynth.
I'm very taken by the look of decks with deep, substantial platters like this one.

He asked me what I liked to listen to and then pulled a copy of Bob Marley & The Wailers 'Burnin'

The arm looked like a tricked Rega RB of some kind with a XYZ Yatra on the end - We talked about the cart as I know the XYZ's are very good and that the Yatra is up the range.

Phono Stage was Firebottle OTP

Speakers - Celestion comapct A

I didnt have a lot of time as I was on errands but I thought it would be rude not to indulge.

The thing that struck me from the offset was superb imaging, instruments came from left and right in the weay that really good imaging does.

Second thing was the excellent neutrallity.

Listening a little further revealed excellent seperation of the individual parts but what has stuck with me and will stay is the way those seperate parts where tonally seperate too as well as accurate with the right body and textural information expressed.
For example, when Peter Tosh's baratone harmonised behind Bobs lead, I could clearly differenciate the difference in the tonal texture between Bob and Peter, I can honestly say it is the first time I've heard this in such a pronounced, clear and natural way.
The guitars that followed were again very tonally right, Oh and did I say that the bass was properly properly tuneful ?

I can say hand on heart that I was genuinely taken by how analogue, tonally accurate, musical and non fatiguing this descrete, classy little systems was / is.

It's opened my mind and knowledge even further.

Andy has put together a nice set up, that has more depth than I've heard before.

Those little Celestions are great and the Yantra has opened my eyes to what can be realised in terms of tonal depth - I'd have one !

After about one side I had to depart but it was a pleasure meeting yet another AOS who is genuinely a really nice guy.

Meeting him and hearing his system and how it presents the music has been a pleasure and given me food for thought

Thanks Andy, hope you're enjoying the PatheWings Panzerwood weight and thanks for the tunes - Big up and Big up the AOS Community