+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can ayone machine down this weight

I'm Andrew.

Default Can ayone machine down this weight

I have this additional weight for my 1200G and it weighs 15g.

Can someone machine it down to about 10g, i need to check exact weight.

I just want to get the weight closer to the bearing.

Thanks
    My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 3, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Technics SL1200G, Cambridge Audio CXC, Chord 2Qute DAC, Nordost Blue Heaven coax, Nordost SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Red Dawn Interconnects, Linn Uphorik Phono Stage, Spendor Classic S3/5R, Target R1 speaker Stands, Soundstyle Hifi Rack, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

That's a supplementary counterweight, for balancing heavy cartridges.
    In normal use you shouldn't need it.

If you want to get the main counterweight closer to the pivot point stick a metal washer to the back of the main counterweight using Blutack - it works a treat.
    Chris

Once we've made sense of our world, we wanna go fuck up everybody else's because his or her truth doesn't match mine. But this is the problem. Truth is individual calculation. Which means because we all have different perspectives, there isn't one singular truth, is there?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Speedy Steve is your man, Andrew, see here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...581#post933581

That'll be a piece of piss for him, and he's a great guy to deal with

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post

I just want to get the weight closer to the bearing.
    Why?
    Adam.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Why?
    The closer to the pivot point the balance weight is the better it sounds.
    My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 3, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Technics SL1200G, Cambridge Audio CXC, Chord 2Qute DAC, Nordost Blue Heaven coax, Nordost SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Red Dawn Interconnects, Linn Uphorik Phono Stage, Spendor Classic S3/5R, Target R1 speaker Stands, Soundstyle Hifi Rack, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Speedy Steve is your man, Andrew, see here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...581#post933581

That'll be a piece of piss for him, and he's a great guy to deal with

Marco.
    Thanks Marco.

I'll email him, i'll work out the exact weight i need for my Delos and give him the weight i need it machined to.

Andrew
    My System:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cool beans

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread