+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starter amp and DAC recommendations for a young music lover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Svend.

Thanks Geoff. I was hoping to do some auditioning of amps this past weekend, but it was too cold to go wandering around the city for hours. I'll try again next week...

Great to hear you had a good time exploring this area. I take it you weren't here in winter, otherwise you wouldn't be so enthusiastic .

I'll let you know what I find in way of amps.

Best,
    Svend

I'm Geoff.

Svend,

actually it was pretty chilly whilst I was there but having spent much of the last 20 years working in the tropics its nice to have a bit of a contrast.

Although it is not relevant to your current search, whilst on that trip I also bought one of these http://www.audiosector.com/chassis_patek2_amp.shtml. It is a beautifully constructed power amp that sounds very valve like. The amp is dwarfed by the power supply. If you see one of these for sale second hand locally I would grab it.

Geoff

I'm Svend.

Looks amazing. What a nice piece of kit that must be. I just read the 6 Moons review, and it couldn't have been more complimentary. Thanks for the head's up on that -- I'll keep on the lookout for one. I see he makes an integrated as well. Price seems quite reasonable, actually.

Thanks,
    Svend

+ Reply to Thread