+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mains power leads

I'm Gary.

I find it interesting that you ask a simple question on personal experience and you get all this justification and sarcasm, do people actually read the OP, or just post for personal gratification.

If you don't read the OP and don't want to be constructive, why don't you write a post entitled " Me and all about me".

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Me.....? Never. Totally against my nature! And anyway, the big boys might pick on me.
    Your a very bad man can't say mains cables have helped me but I've not tried that many
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

It's a cable thread, they attract any kind of response, as I'm sure you know. I did read your first post, if you believe your new cable arrangements are beneficial, fine. I'm a skeptic and entitled to be one and to make that clear. I've yet to hear a mains cable make a difference audible to me. Yes, I've been to demo's of fancy ones and remain unconvinced. Mains treatment is another matter and has possible benefits.

I'm Andrew.

Cables work if you hear a difference. Who really gives a shit what other people think? If your happy, your happy. Trust YOUR OWN ears!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Gary.

It's a cable thread, they attract any kind of response, as I'm sure you know. I did read your first post, if you believe your new cable arrangements are beneficial, fine. I'm a skeptic and entitled to be one and to make that clear. I've yet to hear a mains cable make a difference audible to me. Yes, I've been to demo's of fancy ones and remain unconvinced. Mains treatment is another matter and has possible benefits.
    Personal gratification it is then

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Personal gratification it is then
    No. It's my naturally flippant character that gets into my posts. I'm too old to change my ways so folks will have to put up with it.

I'm Geoff.

I've actually bought some 15 amp mains cable, which is what I'll be using for any new 'wires'. Nothing fancy.

This (nice in blue ): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-CORE-15...53.m2749.l2649

Rather than worry about cables, I have a DC blocker project in hand, been waiting for bits for a while. I now need to order longer circuit board stand-offs, so another wait. Anyway, that will be tried with a spike protector in series. We'll see what positives or negatives may arise.

I'm Gary.

No. It's my naturally flippant character that gets into my posts. I'm too old to change my ways so folks will have to put up with it.
    I always did like the definition of "flippant"

frivolous, superficial, shallow, glib, thoughtless, carefree, irresponsible, insouciant, offhand;

I'm Geoff.

Well there you go.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Don't know if this has been done before or.....to death, but heyho.

Having just "upgraded " some of my mains leads, specifically amplifier and cd transport and found positive improvements, anyone else heard any changes.

Don't want to start a discussion between the dogma of "cables can't make any differences" just personal observations please.

Gary

Gary

What cables did you change from and to? How would you describe the 'positive improvements'? What is your cable setup? Did you change the cables from the wall or just from a distribution strip (assuming you use one).

cheers
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast