+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the puzzle

I'm Alan.

Cheers Grant!
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Yes, the diagram is too small to see the numbers clearly but the long tail pair seems to be TR21/27/28/29. A simpler and more common circuit would have just two transistors there. The "long tail" is sometimes just a resistor but in this instance has been replaced by a constant current source formed by TR36 and TR37. Again, a single transistor is more common. Sorry, I can't even find TR2, TR3 and TR4. I think a bigger, clearer diagram is needed.

Really, all parts of the total circuit are doing something (or else why have them there?) and although the idea of a simple "signal path" is appealing it's actually quite misleading and explains why people say "resistor X is in the signal path, but resistor Y is not" when it's really not that simple.
    AVI started numbering them at the pre section.
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm paul.

hi guys
    thanks for all the posts and responses....sorry i haven't replied earlier....had my mod and tweaking head on and had my grubby hands and soldering iron in the amp
    so no ones cracked it???
    as pointed out,it is rather complicated,also pointed out,the signal does ebb and flow in lots of ways at times due to the design
    ive gone with plan "B" and decided to take it slowly,start at the beginning (the preamp section) and then take the various stages bit by bit if i need to.
    once again thanks for all the input and help and sorry for my delay in replying.
    ive done a mod on the preamp section but ill probably share that as a new post

regards
    paul

I'm Houman.

Hi, does anyone have the service manual for the preamp/front panel section of this amplifier please?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12