+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wanted new amp for my dali epicon 2's

I'm Craig.

All set up and sounding lush but the wife hates it. 😂😂

I'm Nigel.

Benchmark AHB2 with Epicons. Sounds wonderful.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcs View Post
    All set up and sounding lush but the wife hates it.
    Did she say why?

Russell

I'm Craig.

She thinks it ugly even without cage doesn't understand the concept of tubes. I personally think it's lovely and will win the war in the end!!!! 😂😂

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcs View Post
    She thinks it ugly even without cage doesn't understand the concept of tubes. I personally think it's lovely and will win the war in the end!!!!
    Perhaps once she has experienced the magic herself she will become more tolerant of the looks? An evening of romantic tunes, good wine, in front of the warmth and glow of tubes, may bring her around?

Russell

I'm Anoep.

Hi, interested in the AVR, check mail.

I'm Robert.

Default I am late here but...

I know that this post is really old but I just got a pair of DALI Epicon 2 speakers and came across this thread so while I know I am extremely tardy I would like to add my thoughts and experiences in case you might find them of interest.

I am driving my Epicon 2's with a pair of Raymond Lumley Megavox Signature monoblock amps that are now 25 years old. I agree totally with the others who stated that tubes with the Epicon 2 speakers are a delight (to paraphrase). I have never really heard a bad DALI speaker and preferred the Epicon 2 over a pair of Dynaudio Contour 20 speakers that were offered to me at a very reduced price (and the Contours were new). I like the older Dynaudio speakers but the newer models seem to have lost some of the "magic" and musicality of the older Dynaudio models. Anyway, the Epicon 2's I have love the 150 wpc of tube power they are getting from the Lumleys. I think the DALIs are a little current hungry so I would have recommended to you an amp (amps) with some serious current delivery and actually watts over 75.per channel as well. I also would have recommended tubes. Yes, tubes can be colored but as my wife and I attended the symphony at least six times a year, we always leave commenting that tubes seem (to us) to present music in a more natural way when we think of the symphony we had heard that night as compared to the same music played on the home system. I have had some excellent solid state amps but no matter how good, they miss that last bit of "realism". Anyway, I am happy that you got a good amp to partner with the Epicons. As one other member stated, the DALIs are pretty revealing, and they need a great amp to get them to sound their best. Garbage in and garbage out and all of that...
    Thank you for letting me ramble.

I'm Craig.

Hi mate enjoyed reading your post but have now moved on and am actually currently selling a yamaha as-1100 on the threads (cracking amp) but I have kept the dali's and have gone back to 5.1 channel for the time being.

Thanks Craig

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345