+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted new amp for my dali epicon 2's

I'm Craig.

Default Wanted new amp for my dali epicon 2's

Possibly after a new amp for my dali epicon 2's and wonder what's available.

Budget is around £700 thanks. : )

I'm Phil.

the leema pulse is a lovely organic sounding amp that is very enjoyable . one here from well known shop frank harvey in coventry

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leema-Aco...gAAOSw3HJZiuW5
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/ bel canto fm1
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]naim supernait 2 rotel 965cd bel canto 3.5vbss and RFC impulse ta`us

I'm Craig.

Hi Phil yip I had seen that one but wasn't sure about the looks do you think the Dali's need power as I thought I might try a tube amp but not sure with the pairing?

I'm Tony.

I'm using a Pulse SRA-160USB to run a pair of Dynaudio Audience 72s that I've just bought and they sound amazing, the amp cost me £60 SH or about £110 new delivered.

Alan Shaw, the Harbeth speaker designer, actually recommends this amp and similarly priced ones (Pioneer I think) for his speakers.

I'm Craig.

Thanks but I am really after something higher end to replace my arcam avr 600 as I am going back to two channel. I had a bladelius thor in the past and wish I had kept it if I am honest as it had loads of power on tap.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcs View Post
    Thanks but I am really after something higher end to replace my arcam avr 600 as I am going back to two channel. I had a bladelius thor in the past and wish I had kept it if I am honest as it had loads of power on tap.
    Fair enough, I've had some decent amps (stereo amps including a Sugden A21a and P21a and a Quad 34/306 combo) and the Pulse is up there with the best of them.

BTW, the speakers are a 4ohm load and need decent power and according to a mate of mine the Pulse circuit was designed around a copy of Quad amps circuits.

I'm Russell.

Those Epicon 2ís are some very refined speakers, and not cheap! I suspect that they will be very revealing of what you drive them with. Choose wisely, and donít skimp.

If it were me? Iíd get a 50 watt Krell! But thatís just me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcs View Post
    How much are you wanting for the AVR600?

I'm Craig.

Hi Alex I will send you a pm regarding the arcam.

No one got a solid state amp they are looking to move on that will get the best from my Dali's thanks?

I'm Vince.

Hi, lve got a Musical Fidelity fitted with 4 AMR fuses and an after matket lead, lm wanting £800. Its in excellent condition

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast