+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roksan Nima question

I'm mark.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    you could be right, although 12 inches of SME with a ruddy great SPU takes some getting used to as well!
    The devil in me wants to take he Aro off the LP12 and stick it on the 401 as a second arm...
    not sure i will though, maybe just keep an eye out for a decent 9" arm in the classifieds.
    You know it makes sense

IMG_3962 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

I'm Adam.

Thats ...interesting, you obviously like the combo?
    Have you compared it to other Tonearms?

It's in stark contrast to what some on AoS advocate.
    "lack of passion is fatal"
    Gerrard 401, classic hifi hammertone, Russ Collinson plinth / Tenuto Gun Metal Turntable Mat / SME 3012 J7 Rewired / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / Ortofon Vintage SPU GE /Shure M3D /DV XX2Mk2 / The Cartridge Man Music Master with isolator / Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil Mono / Vintage GE VRII Mono / WAD 300b Power modded, TJ Mesh Plate Valves / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' Pre & Phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Tannoy 12" MGs in RFC Custom Rutland Cabinets with RFC Custom Crossovers / Speaker Cables: Duelund DCA16GA Tinned Copper / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 Signature / Interconnects: Duelund DCA20GA home brew /SW1X Audio SPDIF AERO 6 / Synology NAS Drive / Roon / Tidal HiFi / Mains Power Conditioner

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

If I remember rightly, the easiest way to tell the difference between a Mk.1 Nima and a Mk.2 is to look at the armtube. On a Mk.1 this is circular in cross section, on a Mk.2 it is octagonal.
    Adam.

I'm mark.

Sorry to the op, off at a tangent...

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Thats ...interesting, you obviously like the combo?
    Have you compared it to other Tonearms?

It's in stark contrast to what some on AoS advocate.
    I like uni's on idlers (and DD's) they compliment each other, softening the one trick pony some say Garrard's are, the Aro is possibly the best I've had access to, more time with Moerch DP6 may have changed that.

Against popularity I sold 2 Nima's for Tabriz's, had them J7 rewired and really like them, my choice for Decca SG.

Sold a Hadcock when the Aro arrived, much closer than the Nima in performance but fiddle to set up.
    My current favourite arm is Artemiz, J7 silver rewired. Its ruthless, fast and direct like a decca.

Somewhere in the mix is Audiomods V, and freshly arrived PU3.

I'd like to try new SME, didn't like the old 'un and GB Tools offerings are always in the eBay search...

I'm Karl.

Thanks for all the replies guys I now know what to look out for, and if anybody knows of any going for a reasonable price then please let me know.
    chers
    karl
    Linn sondek LP12 with Roksan Nima / Mose Hercules gold power supply / Ortofon Rondo red cartridge with upgraded nude shibata / Firebottle Phono stage / Naim Nap 180 / Naim NAC 72 pre / Avondale upgraded Naim Hicap power supply / Marantz cd6005 / Q Acoustics 3050 / Chord interconnects / Witch Hat N2 speaker cable / Atacama Equinox rack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12