+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What gives a system slam and dynamics?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Sandro.

Yes been I while (30+ years) and can't remember model at the same time I was moving around 68 Kw of electrovoice and tanoys
    PS my post is just a collection of toughts I had while reading this tread I am not looking for conflict just brain farting on the fly
    If they make tum tum sound instead of Pum pum they JBL are ok by me.
    Old brain fart Mia Martini at the time wanted Ge be lee (JBL in Italian) PA toke us quite a while to find out WTF she was going on about.
    Same toughts I keep for myself ( I wish my ex GF was as loud as 70 dB ( which is not loud at all) (got to measure the fridge and that is pretty much there IMO)
    But if one like to do the mat (My mat is worse than my spelling BTW) 3dB increase is double the volume so 86dB speakers at 1W 16 dB difference got to divide 1 watt by 2 about 5 times

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    IMO big drivers Low frequency you do not listen to it whit ears they hit U on tummy
    I think this may be an example of what I meant when I said, upthread, that some appear to want to listen to music as if it were a collection of sound effects, rather than notes of varying duration and pitch. Of course, if the music you are listening to is in fact a collection of sound effects, then fine.
    IB

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitely Baffled View Post
    Of course, if the music you are listening to is in fact a collection of sound effects, then fine.
    IB
    Surely those too should be reproduced as accurately as possible, otherwise they won't sound as intended.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Surely those too should be reproduced as accurately as possible, otherwise they won't sound as intended.
    Absolutely.
    IB

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Could my FiFI make sound like live plastic ruler whack on table ?

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitely Baffled View Post
    I think this may be an example of what I meant when I said, upthread, that some appear to want to listen to music as if it were a collection of sound effects, rather than notes of varying duration and pitch. Of course, if the music you are listening to is in fact a collection of sound effects, then fine.
    IB
    Got same sound effects fo ya ATR013 (gogle this up honest)

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Got same sound effects fo ya ATR013 (gogle this up honest)
    https://www.discogs.com/Gregorio-Pan...elease/3222162

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not really. The bigger you get and the more drivers you have, the more efficient you get. As long as you keep the drivers light.
    I that case something like this should do it

~Paul~

I'm Martin.

There's an American speaker I forget the name of but it is a four way and uses a 12 inch for the low bass and a 15 inch for the mid bass - on the grounds that you want the slam from the fifteen in the mid bass and the speedier twelve doing the bottom octaves, so you don't get too much overhang down there and have it slow the whole pace of the music down. That makes sense to me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

I think any presentation, so long as it is not full of distortion, is valid. We all have our idea of what a hi-fi system should sound like, and we pursue it. Those ideas seem to vary quite widely between individuals. I mean, I find electrostatics and panels interesting to listen to, but I don't think I could live with them. But some will argue they are the closest we can get to 'accurate' speakers.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast