+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What gives a system slam and dynamics?

I'm Shaun.

As I have said here many times before, I am not interested in the 'Closest Approach' thing I am interested in a sound system that stimulates my emotions and sounds the way I expect it to sound. So with that in mind my system should reproduce my choice of music my way and my music includes quite a decent slice of sound effects as well as notated music. One example is the album by Roger Waters known as 'Amused To Death' which is well known for its sound effects and Q Sound effects. If that dog bark doesn't come ninety degrees next to your right ear your system is just not good enough. I honestly don't know what the final spec is on my listening experience but it certainly involves stereo imaging at number one with low bass control at number two.

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think any presentation, so long as it is not full of distortion, is valid. We all have our idea of what a hi-fi system should sound like, and we pursue it. Those ideas seem to vary quite widely between individuals. I mean, I find electrostatics and panels interesting to listen to, but I don't think I could live with them. But some will argue they are the closest we can get to 'accurate' speakers.
    Funny timing
    I was at Dough Brady to listen to Maggies 1.7 and 3.7 last Friday (yes I know they are not real electrostatic) and I am going to get the 1.7 on loan
    I did not buy there and then as I need to ear them in my room. I did not buy the 3.7 either as it is big money right now but I am tempted, there are a few things that I need doing whit FiFI to justify such purchase starting whit room acoustic.
    And by the way if you live near by Doug Brady they have the Luxman phono stage on demo, to many really expensive knobs for my taste, but I am going to get it, one of those days, It is certainly worth a listen.

Any way more about the maggies same time soon.

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    As I have said here many times before, I am not interested in the 'Closest Approach' thing I am interested in a sound system that stimulates my emotions and sounds the way I expect it to sound. So with that in mind my system should reproduce my choice of music my way and my music includes quite a decent slice of sound effects as well as notated music. One example is the album by Roger Waters known as 'Amused To Death' which is well known for its sound effects and Q Sound effects. If that dog bark doesn't come ninety degrees next to your right ear your system is just not good enough. I honestly don't know what the final spec is on my listening experience but it certainly involves stereo imaging at number one with low bass control at number two.
    Agree whit you and thanks for the reminding me of that album the first 30 seconds is good example of 70 dB music and yes that dog is just outside my front door
    I have to try and see what neigbours dog think about it That one dog is on my back door BTW

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I am listening presently to audio that does all of that ( and more ) Marco will let you know all about it, as soon as
    I pull my finger out and get a unit to him. ( i hear you Marco ! ) Other gear I am using is 2x Quad 306 ( one amp per channel ) and JR149 speakers

Cheers / Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567