+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Pardo Power Supplies

I'm Jim.

Will you be selling the Naim compatibles at all in the future?
    Naim ND5 XS, nDAC, XP5 XS, 202, HC, NAPSC, 250.2, B&W 804s.
    AVR350, B&W HTM4, Gallo.
    Samsung, Oppo.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by trailer View Post
    Will you be selling the Naim compatibles at all in the future?
    Hi

Yes we are also offering the complete range of TeddyCap power supplies for Naim gear.

I expect these to be available at our website within the next week.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Mark @ Audiocom, Wales UK - 01646 650008

Website

Facebook

Twitter

I'm Jim.

Excellent.

Thanks Mark.
    Naim ND5 XS, nDAC, XP5 XS, 202, HC, NAPSC, 250.2, B&W 804s.
    AVR350, B&W HTM4, Gallo.
    Samsung, Oppo.

Anybody using either the TeddySB3 (SB3) or TTouch (Touch) with their SqueezeBoxes along with a DAC (digital connection), if so, is there much difference between using the Teddy Pardo PSU with the DAC as opposed to using the ordinary PSU with the DAC attached?

ie., is there any/much improvement in sound quality when using digital connection from SqueezeBox into DAC with the Teddy Pardo PSU as opposed to using ordinary PSU?

Thanks...
    Alister

Logitech Touch->Mark Grant 1000HD Digital Coax->Audio-GD DAC-19MK3->Mark Grant 2000HD Phono->Roksan Kandy K2 (int amp)->Van Damme Studio Grade Blue Speaker Cable 2 x 4mm->PMC DB1S+

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
    Anybody using either the TeddySB3 (SB3) or TTouch (Touch) with their SqueezeBoxes along with a DAC (digital connection), if so, is there much difference between using the Teddy Pardo PSU with the DAC as opposed to using the ordinary PSU with the DAC attached?
    I'm using a Touch ready TeddySB3 with SB3 and a Dac. I started using the PS using the analogue outputs only of the SB3, I felt that that the PS removed a lot of the brittle quality of the SB3. Then I added a DAC, which removed the brittleness. But, I've never bothered to go back to the Logitech supply, because it's more convenient to me to run a PS that has an IEC power cable input, rather than a wall wart. I also don't want switching power supplies on the same circuit as my audio gear.
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.
    Powered by Custom-HiFi-Cables DC2 psus

Thanks for your reply, Peter...

I asked the above question, because I had seen it stated that the Teddy Pardo PSU only improved the sound quality if using the analogue connections of the SB3/Touch (ie no DAC), but made no difference if using the digital connection (ie with DAC), so basically wanted to see what people's own experiences were...
    Last edited by jbloggs; 27-09-2010 at 08:53.
    Alister

Logitech Touch->Mark Grant 1000HD Digital Coax->Audio-GD DAC-19MK3->Mark Grant 2000HD Phono->Roksan Kandy K2 (int amp)->Van Damme Studio Grade Blue Speaker Cable 2 x 4mm->PMC DB1S+

I'm Peter.

Yes, many people are curious about the effect of the PS when using a DAC. Some kit, for example naim, doesn't like switching power supplies on the same mains circuits, so I'm happy to use the PS with the DAC even though in absolute terms, there may not be any need for it. It gives me peace of mind. I also like Teddy's power supplies, generally. I use a Dual TeddyCap on my Naim preamp.

I know I didn't really answer your question.
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.