+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Floorstanding Speaker Dampening (Klipsch KG4.5)

I'm Martin.

You should ask. I did that once, as the neighbour was an elderly lady who had form in complaining about noise. I said if the music gets too loud bang on the wall. 'I've never heard you play any music' says she. Fuckin' A! After that I could bang it all the way up without a care in the world.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    It's 15 years imprisonment for impersonation of a government official, but in my view worth the chance of capture and torture - you need to know, Paul
    I'm off to buy a white chemistry coat and clipboard. I'll report back in due course.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You should ask. I did that once, as the neighbour was an elderly lady who had form in complaining about noise. I said if the music gets too loud bang on the wall. 'I've never heard you play any music' says she. Fuckin' A! After that I could bang it all the way up without a care in the world.
    Martin i think that's the sensible approach.

Maybe play my music quietly for a week or two to guarantee the answer I want

I'm James.

Too late to ask my neighbours if they can hear my music, they once asked if I'd let my kids have a party the previous night, apparently it was banging!! I don't have kids
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Russell.

Many years ago in a house I lived in for 25 years, one fine Spring morning I was blasting the stereo with the front door standing open. The stereo I had then played loud well. After a few hours I looked out the door, and every kid in the neighborhood was playing in my street! And all my neighbors setting in their porch swings, like it was a free concert or something. Personally I’ve always been of the mind that as long as the cops don’t come, you’re Ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

Well I've gotta say the general consensus is that even if they can hear my music they're probably having a great time listening to it anyway. That most definitely puts my mind at rest. Thanks all.

May try the tweaks for personal preference but from now on they will listen and they will enjoy it.

Anyone drinkers notice that you seem to become a bit deafer with every drink consumed. Not sure why but it must be a diagnosable condition.

I'm Chris.

I have had grumbly neighbours since I got here 4 years ago. Cheap-build rented house. The guy next door is violent however. Also nuts. He doesn't have the alarm in his head that says "if you carry on you are going to get arrested". He has been terrorising the people round here for a few years now. And has also been arrested a few times.

Well, I had more trouble with their arguing that they had with my music. In the end she kicked him out, he's now living somewhere else, presumably still paying her rent and she is now shagging the guy accross the road! She has 90% moved in with him.

So it is rock and roll at the moment.

Always a silver lining!

I'm Geoff.

I'm Martin.

Bloke I knew many years ago now, he's a student renting a terrace house. He's just moved in. He gets in from college, about tea-time, goes up to his room to get changed as he is going out for the evening. He puts a bit of music on while he gets changed. System is an Arcam alpha and wharfedale diamonds.

10 minutes later he is done, switches music off, is about to leave the house when there is a knock at the door. Opens door, it's the rozzers: 'The music's too loud, the neighbours have complained.'

He reckoned that given the response time the old dear next door must have called them literally the second the music started playing.

That was some decades ago now though, I doubt the cops are interested in coming out for that sort of nonsense nowadays.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dennis.

Not musically related, but I live next door to a nutter who in '07 phoned the RSPCA and stated that I was raping the cat.
    Inspector Ward called, and cautioned me saying that she could not reveal who had made the accusation, and in discussion I asked just how I could do such a thing without killing the cat.

The cat then came downstairs from my bedroom, he loves voices, and rolled on the carpet waving his arms, and the RSPCA woman, said "She can take a running jump" and left, No apology of course.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast