+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Floorstanding Speaker Dampening (Klipsch KG4.5)

I'm Paul.

These anecdotes are immense, up there with the best I've heard. Brilliant.

Anyone tried these things under floor standing speakers? Good reviews but by people using them for all sorts of different reasons......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Set-AudioSe...s&pageNumber=2

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    ...I live next door to a nutter who in '07 phoned the RSPCA and stated that I was raping the cat.
    Were you playing that avant-garde music again?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post

Anyone tried these things under floor standing speakers? Good reviews but by people using them for all sorts of different reasons......

I've got some speakers sat on a brick plinth. It has a pretty solid plywood lid but is a void beneath which can be used for storage. This caused some boominess. I made 2 sandwiches of corrugated cardboard and bubble wrap (the big bubble version),put one under each speaker, works perfectly and cost me nothing.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post

Those pucks look very interesting, and are affordable.

I was thinking about a company called Cloud 9, they make isolation platforms for record players. The concept is they have a board, plywood or particle board, with round dimples in it. Then they put small rubber balls in those dimples and a top board over them, with the parameter having an overlapping band to keep the motion strictly up and down. Perhaps a larger version could be made, using hand balls, or some such rubber ball 50 to 70mm or so? Nothing too soft like tennis balls, one could experiment with different types of balls to find the ones with the best resonant frequency?

It may be hard to tell exactly what you have accomplished if you can’t go downstairs to listen. Perhaps if you explain to them you are trying to invent something to help them, they will be on board to help?

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123