+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC 6 Music, Deceased - 'An Act Of Cultural Vandalism'?

I'm ILOB.

It was one of the better radio stations- Shame
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Neil.

If it was on FM (analogue) radio, I would care...as its not...well, I am sorry but I don't. That's probably part of the problem, not enough people listen, because its only Dab. If the audience figures were big enough, it would be safe. They must be pretty small...hence its getting axed.

Maybe, this will help, further kill, the plot to switch off FM....I live in hope. If the death of 6 helps keep FM...then sorry, its no contest.

I am more concerned at the proposed cut backs on the web-site.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

6 Music would be a very sad loss. The only two stations deserving of FM quality are 6 and radio 3, together with some of the niche evening programmes on R2 (Bob Harris, Paul Jones, Mike Harding etc.).

The best way to listen to BBC digital is via the internet stream (128kbps AAC vs mp3 on Sky and, I think, mp2 on DAB) .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12